Birthday present

Smudgeur

Which pair is best?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which pair is best?

It's my birthday this week and my wife has promised to buy me a pair of strappy sandals to go with my slingbacks (birthday last year) and court shoes (Christmas).

We've narrowed it down to 2 pairs from Argos Additions. Which ones do you like best:

Pair 1:

Posted Image

or pair 2:

Posted Image

I just voted for pair 1, but I do have pair 2 in the denim version and they are really comfortable. They are one of 2 plats that I have bought from Additions and I have to say they look really nice on and I really don't like plats all that much. God choices choices, wouldn't she stretch to both? :(:lol:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I like the thin heels and ankle strap on pair 1 better than the thicker, heavier look of pair 2. Although, I would wear both pairs if I had them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Julietta, I would hardly say pair 2 had a platform! That's nothing compared to what's on my 5in loafers, and they're nothing compared to some fetish stuff! Anyways, I voted pair 2, cos I like black, and I think they look really nice. Pair 1 are too "frilly" for me. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I envy Smudgeur with a wife buying him high heeles strappy sandals ! today is my birthday but my wife will never give me a pair of heels ! she can not think of a man in high heels... However, I woul chose pair number one: nice strappy sandals and no platform... :lol:

Squirrel said

Julietta, I would hardly say pair 2 had a platform! That's nothing compared to what's on my 5in loafers, and they're nothing compared to some fetish stuff!

LOL I told you I wasn't into plats so they are huge to me Squirrel :lol: but the other ones I bought are even bigger for me and they are:

http://www.argosadditions.co.uk/additions/product.asp?brand=additions&cat%5Fid=8125&zone%5Fid=∏%5Fid=177298&seq=3&page=&OrderBy=&sManufacturer=Raid&nShopByBrandCat=&offer%5Fid=177298Z&extra=&mscs_sid=S90SGD8KD17A8MR23GLRXQ8WMNN5BVS6

and I can see your whiskers twitching now :(

Let calm be widespread

Definitely pair 1. No contest. Pair 2 are most certainly platforms. To me they look the type of sandal favoured by younger teenage girls. Pair 1 have much more going for them. They are slighter, slinkier and sexier. No plat, nice slim heel and an above the ankle strap. This gives the foot a much better look from the front I think. Pick number 1 and have a great birthday!

Grrr! Pair 1 are winning!

Julietta, Yup, my whiskers are twitching! I love the look of those platform wedges! Definitely a nice pair of shoes! Wedges don't look right without a platform in my opinion. No platforms on wedges just makes them look silly really...

Why are you getting them if you don't like platforms anyway?!

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Well it's like I said with the kitten heel thing, never say never. I saw them and thought I'd like to see what they looked like on - guess what? Loved them and they look really nice and are comfy so had to keep them didn't I really? :lol:

Let calm be widespread

....but I do have pair 2 in the denim version and they are really comfortable. They are one of 2 plats that I have bought from Additions and I have to say they look really nice on and I really don't like plats all that much.

Shoes havn't arrived yet, but she has had some problems securing her first choice, so from her description it sounds like I'm getting the denim plats too. Glad you've already roadtested them!

Here's a better picture:

Posted Image

Incidentally my wife also bought a pair of toeless 7 Denier tights for me to wear with them from M&S. They look really nice - shame my toes aren't a bit nicer!

They'd be great for anyone who likes the feel of stockings on their legs and also wants painted nails. (your friend Julietta?)