Heel Height Gap, 6 Inch Heels Wanted

onyourtoes

If you buy from Leatherworks they are normally as close to the right height as makes no difference... Quite often the heel height varues with size, so they may be 6" at either size 5 or at size 14 so they'll either be too high to be feasible or they'll be lower than advertised...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

If I buy "5 inch heels," I receive 12 cm=4 3/4 inches, if I buy "6 inch heels," I receive either 14 cm=5 1/2 inch or nearly 7 inch impossiheels. Does any one sell something in between? I used to have a pair, but they wore out.

Then you have to go for custom made...:-)

The size and type of shoe has a lot to do with the height of the heels. Take for instance a size 5 US. (Be adviced this is an illustration for an example and not an accurate model) The total length of one's feet is not much longer than 6 inches, so ballet heels would be the only option for the 6 inch height, without platforms. Now consider the size 13 US, where the length of one's feet is closer to 12 inches. That's about 6 inches longer than the desired 6 inch heel height. This size 13 US with a 6 inch high heel would look like the equivalent of a 4 inch high heel on a size 5 US. Ballet heels for a size 13 US would have to be closer to 10 inches high. So the height of the heel for some shoe designs is more subject to the slope of the sole under the in-step to maintain the same portrayal with each equivalent sizing than the so-called labelled height of the heel. I wished every high heeled shoe would go by the sloping designation, because I hate it when I finally get my shoes, which are of a different size than the model displayed, and they don't look the same as the picture that sold me on the shoes in the first place.