One inch at a time

ShockQueen

I think I've made some good progress this year. I started wearing 3" heels all the time until they felt really natural, then went to 4" heels, and now those almost feel flat. Next up will be conquering my challenge that I've been looking for - getting natural in 5" heels! My black leather boots are just dying to be let out, and I want to be able to walk naturally in them, but it'll take some time to make that next hurdle. I will get there though! I never thought I could do 4" spikes naturally, but it's finally happened. Usually it's just chunky heels for me, and spikes once in a while, but I've finally gotten that much better at it to where I can wear them out more and look natural doing it. And the side effect....my confidence is even higher now than it was before too! Then again, I think my nails and earrings kinda help that along as well, but the heels are the best part! :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Indeed, I'm up to 5" heels myself and spent 7 hours shopping in a pair the other weekend. OK they have a 1/4" mini-platform but that is still 43/4" and they are more comfortable than some of my 4" heels. I did find that once you get above 4" any small increase feels like a lot so conquering 42/4" could be as much of a challenge as going from 3" to 4"...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Instead of arbitrary increments, the ability to navigate which depends entirely on the individual, perhaps it might be better to simple "comfortably stretch the limit," regularly? I've been wearing my latest, a pair of four and a quarter inch heeled winter boots for about a week. Love 'em! When I first began, it was a bit difficult, but this morning when I put them on, before heading to McDonald's, for breakfast and coffee, I walked around the house a bit before realizing the awkwardness from earlier in the week had gone.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.