How much more training for ballets ?

Hot Heely

It will depend on the mfg of the ballet heels, some have a severe angle for your foot/ankle, others are very mild, comparable to 5" heels or so. Like any step up in heel height you will notice more strain on your ankles for moving around due to greater leverage, and reduced stability. My biggest hurdle has not been flexibility in the ankle/foot, but protecting the toes to extend the amount of time I can stay standing or walking before pain/injury occurs. I have one of the worst foot shapes for dancing as my 2nd toe is longer then the rest and gets most of the stress. If I stay on my toes for over an hour or do -alot- of walking I will end up losing the toenail. It doesnt fall off, the new one just grows under it, doesnt seem to matter if I trim it down all the way or not.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I, too, am at a point in my foot flexibility where I can walk in 7" heels fairly straight knee'd, and will be getting a pair of ballets in the next month or so to try it. Judging by the angle of the foot in pics I've seen, I'd say a shoe like the Sadist would require a much more severe ankle angle than most ballets I've seen.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

HH, you've just got to bite the bullet and give it a go. But it is completely different walking in ballets than wearing extreme heels. All your practice will help, but walking on your toes is completely different to walking on the balls of your feet. I wish you well

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

HH,

you've just got to bite the bullet and give it a go.

But it is completely different walking in ballets than wearing extreme heels.

All your practice will help, but walking on your toes is completely different to walking on the balls of your feet.

I wish you well

I will do that , Thanks !

HighHeelsForLife :-)