sales personnel comment in Aldo store

heelma

I was in an Aldo store yesterday, mainly just to look around. I admit they have very interesting and cool styles there right now, though I know my wife wouldn't wear them, at least not right now. However, I was a bit surprised by a comment by one of the sales people there. There were two older ladies who first made a pejorative comment about the higher heels there and then I heard them saying that they think they look slutty. The sales person, a guy, said to them then something like: "Yes, to be honest, they are only for ..." Unfortunately, I couldn't understand what he said then, for whom those were meant in his opinion, but I was quite disappointed to hear that. Yes, sales personnel should always be on the customers' side, but what if other customers like me hear it and disagree?

I don't know that I would have said something to him, although his superiors probably wouldn't want him saying something like that. Had I been in his position, I probably would not have agreed with what the customer said and tried to promote them. But that's me. :thumbsup:

It seems it would be kind of like a "rock and a hard place" situation. Let's face it, you must promote your merchandise, yet "the customer is always right".

Have a happy time!

Funny, when I worked there, the customer was not always right. We were told to be as polite as possible, but the customer was "free to come and go" with no pressure, and to form their own opinion uness they asked our help/opinion. We were then told to be as honest as we can. I never heard comments like that though, so don't know what I would have said. I certainly wouldn't have agreed though...LOL

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I totally agree. No matter what the business, the customer is not always right. Sometimes the customer is a boorish, arrogant pain in the ass or worse. I'm really disappointed in the comment the guy in Aldo made, and though it's not something I've heard myself, I wouldn't be that surprised if I found out shop people had a few adverse things to say about me after I'd tottered out of their shop. It's their problem though, I don't care. On the other hand, there's a guy who works in Faith in the Oxford Circus branch who's really helpful. Go there!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

My favorite store is ALDO for sure. The sales personel is very friendly and supportive. Never had or heard any negative comments. I now have my "dedicated" saleswomen there. (A nice girl in her late 20's) She always recognize me and come to me asking "So, what will you choose today, shoes or boots ?" I even took the time to write a nice letter about her professional service in the Aldo's website. I got a reply from the manager telling me my message will be forwarded to her.

I made a complaint about an Aldo store as the sales assistant said I could try my 'choice' on in the mall toilet and return them if I did not like them! This was because I asked if they would let me try the boots on away from the busy shop floor!! Fortunately I have since recieved exceptional customer service from another Aldo store - I LOVE thier boots - cant get enough!!!! :thumbsup:

I was in an Aldo store yesterday, mainly just to look around. I admit they have very interesting and cool styles there right now, though I know my wife wouldn't wear them, at least not right now.

However, I was a bit surprised by a comment by one of the sales people there. There were two older ladies who first made a pejorative comment about the higher heels there and then I heard them saying that they think they look slutty. The sales person, a guy, said to them then something like: "Yes, to be honest, they are only for ..." Unfortunately, I couldn't understand what he said then, for whom those were meant in his opinion, but I was quite disappointed to hear that. Yes, sales personnel should always be on the customers' side, but what if other customers like me hear it and disagree?

Well now, it seems we are rather into some guessing games here, aren't we? You really didn't hear what the clerk said and we don't have a really hard and fast definition of exactly what a slut, prostitute, whore or whatever is, do we? :thumbsup:

The right to one's opinion is universal. But then we are still left with the old adage that "one man's trash is another's treasure". Just because someone makes a perjorative comment, that doesn't necessarily make it so. One of my fallback positions is, "I can't help what other people think." But the simple fact is that we don't all agree on every point. That is at once both exasperating and wonderful! Indeed, it is exactly because someone had a different idea that we have different: cars, houses, clothes, and high heeled shoes.:welcome:

I still remember when my old girlfriend helped me pick-out some clothing from my taylor. I was literaly at the point of distraction when I should have simply said, "Yes, dear." When the clothes finally arrived they were quite the talk of the town! I should have known that, just maybe, someone else just might have a better idea. Someone else's opinion - it might not be worth writing down; or it could be worth more than words can say - right?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels