High Heeled Goddess Diary #0 (preamble)

Laurieheels

Okay, so it is something new. I spent a year becoming quite accomplished with heels. Sixteen hours of active wear in five and a half inch heels when needed was quite the accomplishment over the past year. And as many may realize, the weekly diaries stopped with #52. I was off to the hospital for surgery. People are curious, some may make joke guesses, but all you need to know is that it involved female organs, and it was not fun. So I thought that I should start with something new, and instead of a training diary, I would just start a new entry, and a new year of something called Goddess Diary entries. Of course, I am still recovering from my visit to the hospital, so heels are not something I will be wearing for at least another week. Chris and I went out to have a beer with a few of his friends during the past week, and of course, I wore my stiletto ankle boots. Four inch heels seemed good enough to get back into things. But the problem is not with my feet, but my overall mobility. Not being able to walk properly because of internal stitches doesn't help with heel wearing. I did put on my five and a half inch leather pumps for a little while one night, just to see if I could stand up to wearing them, and it was fine. Until I heal up a bit more, heels are not something I can wear. And this is one of those reasons why I have avoided becoming a permantently high heeled woman. Sure, many people would encourage it, but when I have to shuffle about and don't walk all that well, heels are not the safest thing to be wearing. I feel that my flexability (0 to 5.5 in half a second) has been worth retaining, and this proved it. We never know what life may bring us, and I am glad I was able to handle this. ... I intend to start writing a diary that still discusses what I am doing with my shoes, and what I am wearing, but it will focus more on the social commentary I like to include, and not just be a report on what I wore on what day. Of course, I am recovering, but I may have pushed myself a bit too much during the week. So it is time to relax and heal properly. In time, I'll be back in heels, and the new series of Goddess diary entries will begin. I hope the new series proves as popular as the previous one. And I hope this summer brings that extra money for more shoes. Just because my closet appears to be full, does not mean I have nearly enough pairs. It's a small closet and I haven't expanded upward yet! And I am still waiting for a month when I have the money for a pair of six inch heels. Even a goddess can have aspirations of new heights. :lol: If you have any ideas about what you might like to see me write about in the new series, let me know, and we can have a good discussion on just what makes the Goddess Diaries interesting enough to read. :(

Good to have you back, Laurie. I'm sure that with a bit of luck you will recover in no-time. Try to see the upside of the situation: how long has it been since you got some challenge out of 4" heels? Most of us have to go through a similar experience at some stage in our lives and we all wish that it still is many decades away, but what comes, comes. Nothing you can do! Take good care of yourself for the next few weeks and it will all soon be forgotten!

What's all the fuss about?

Laurie, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading anything you write, so write on! As for things to include - add some of your unique personality to every page, please! That'd make for an exciting read.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'm running a few ideas through my brain right now, so we shall see how this new series goes. I'll see what Chris thinks, although I know he has a bias that will cloud his objectivity. We shall see what the weekend brings, I suppose. This is the part where they say "re-invent yourself" but I feel rather inclined to leave the machine running as it will...