Clothes Swap

I went with my friend (Mel) and her daughter (Claire) to Claire’s Achievement Evening; it is an award ceremony at her school, where they give prizes to the highest achieving students. Claire had been award a prize for English for her previous year at school, and as her God parent she asked me to come along. I met them at the School straight from work.

Walking up the school drive it took me back to my school days, as I arrived I spotted Claire on the steps in front of the school

“Hi, how’s it going” giving Claire a hug “Not so very well” Claire replied walking slowly with me into the school.

Quickly scanning the room I looked back to Claire “why what’s wrong” Claire turned to look at me “Well, no one told me, it was no school uniform, now I have to go on stage to collect my prize being the only one in uniform” we carried on walking through the school together.

As we neared the school hall i turned “How long have we got till this thing starts” I asked Claire “five minutes if that” she replied “you really should be sitting down, I think moms sitting near the back somewhere” I looked into the hall, there were parent sitting on the left and all the students were on the right, near the back I could make out Mel sat near the end of a row. I looked at Claire “Is there a toilet nearby” i asked, “sure” and she turned and lead me to a door with ladies written on it “come on, we don’t have long”

Inside the toilet, i locked the door “Right, off with that uniform you” Claire looked blankly back “well do you want my suit or not” Claire didn’t need to respond, she was out of her uniform, before I had even removed my suit. Pulling on her clothes, it reminded me off my school days, a very long time ago. As I turned she was already dressed and was slipping her feet into my pointy black patent Jimmy Choo stiletto half boots “I don’t know if you should wear those” pointing to my boots “it will be fine, i have worn heels before” i looked at her walking across the toilet “well okay, but you will need the these and I handed her my tights. She removed my boots and handed me her black tights, carefully pulling on my tan ones. I pulled on her black tights and slipped into her flat ballet pumps.

I pulled on my long overcoat over the school uniform and buttoned it up to the top, leaving just the top button open, with none of the uniform visible. The only sign were the black tights and the ballet pumps on my feet. Claire looked really good in my suit, and turning she hugged and kissed me “Thank you so much” with that she opened the door and hurried to her friends, picking up my handbag I walked out into the corridor.

Walking into the hall the lights were going down, I sat down next to Mel, she turned “Hi Becca, so glad you could make it, you are just in time” we sat and watched, a couple of music numbers and finally the awards were announced, as Claire walked onto stage Mel turned towards me puzzled. I opened my jacket slightly and exposed Claire's school uniform underneath, Mel started laughing instantly “Oh, thank you, i bet Claire was pleased” she whispered, I smiled “I think so” Mel bent down and lifted my foot “Wow, never thought I would see the day Rebecca wore ballet pumps from Primark” i laughed.

As Claire had a prize for English, she would know that it is conventional to leave a line clear between paragraphs, Rebelrebel. Not a criticism of your story, just a suggestion to make the reading easier as one scrolls down! :thumbsup: