Hello everybody, and FMB advice wanted!!

I've just come across this forum, it looks wonderful, so I've joined and I will take part, being a lover of heels and all that goes with them. But I came across it while searching the net for heeled boots, because it's winter and my vanilla boots have reached the end of their life. I need new boots!! And because my feet are at the top end of the size range AND wide, it's a nightmare finding sexy heels. I keep getting directed to Clark's Comfort range in shops, at which point I ask 'Do I look like the kind of girl who would wear comfort shoes?' Uncomortable silence.... a shrug of the shoulders.. no new shoes :thumbsup: Can anyone tell me where to look for knee boots, that essential FMB, heel between 3 1/2" and 4 1/2", size 8 to 8 1/2, width EEE, narrow calf (40cm)?? :welcome: Lady Alpha

Hi Lady Alpha, Seasons greetings, and welcome to the forum. Good question and may I recommend you cross post to the Girls section. There are several active members who will help. However, NEXT go upto size 9(43) and for really wide, then EVANS and their ESSENCE range are EEE fit so may be worth a look. BARRATTS also go to size 10 and the width is not too narrow so also may well be worth a look. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Welcome LadyAlpha It's good to have more girls coming onboard to balance out the high compliment of fellers here which you should find to your advantage re, your sizing. Hope you find the forums enlightening, entertaining and where you belong. Welcome Al

I've found the Next range to be largely imaginary: they're listed but cannot be found or ordered. And Next have a nasty habit of doing good stuff one year and junk the next. Duoboots don't get as far as the FMB, they stick at modern stylish meets comfort range. Evans and the like are too comfortable. I'm looking at SexyShoes.co.uk who have a range that's certainly sexy enough, maybe a bit too OTT for day wear even for me, but tempting. However, they have failed to refund me for returned shoes in the past. Has anyone else had experience, good, bad or indifferent from them? Lady Alpha

I've found the Next range to be largely imaginary: they're listed but cannot be found or ordered. And Next have a nasty habit of doing good stuff one year and junk the next.

Exact same. Also I can never locate half of the shoes and boots on the web in their stores. They have a wonderful selection online but you can never find half of them in the stores. I am waiting for one particular pair of wedge heel boots to be reduced in the sales. Was in one of their stores last week but no sign of them there and it was manic and I had no hope of getting near a shop attendant.

Greetings Lady Alpha,

Nice to have you join us on HHplace and our community.

Hmm.. fitting you seems not that far out of reach. I recently got 2 pairs of boots from Jean Gaborit boots in France which were a special order but well worth the wait.(4-5months) They make made to order width and size in many styles. Their web page is

http://www.jean-gaborit.com/en/

and they well fill your needs and desires, it just takes time.

It may seem a bit out there but they do fit well, built with care and precision and are awfully darned nice.

I was given the tip by another member here and looks like I will be in for more pairs in the spring.

Enjoy.

Mtnsofheels

Lady A & Astrid, Trick with NEXT is to order on-line for them to be delivered to your local store. You can then try before you buy. They hold far more stock in the warehouse than is normally delivered to the shops. None that I have been into and asked carry size 9 shoes for example. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I've just come across this forum, it looks wonderful, so I've joined and I will take part, being a lover of heels and all that goes with them.

But I came across it while searching the net for heeled boots, because it's winter and my vanilla boots have reached the end of their life. I need new boots!! And because my feet are at the top end of the size range AND wide, it's a nightmare finding sexy heels. I keep getting directed to Clark's Comfort range in shops, at which point I ask 'Do I look like the kind of girl who would wear comfort shoes?' Uncomortable silence.... a shrug of the shoulders.. no new shoes :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me where to look for knee boots, that essential FMB, heel between 3 1/2" and 4 1/2", size 8 to 8 1/2, width EEE, narrow calf (40cm)?? :welcome:

Lady Alpha

What is fmb? I don't text much.

real men wear heels