Ma Story

Olounda

So, I figured it was a good idea to share my story. i dunno if this is the right place for it, but hey, cool mods dont care, they just move stuff around :lmao: I am 23 years old, and have been facinated with heels for a long as i can remember. I grew up here in utah, and being from quite the conservative family i was raised a certain way. When i was 19, i went back east to maryland to serve a mission for 2 years(yes, i am lds/mormon), and came back home when i was 21. I had pretty much had the best experience of my life. My mind had been opened to different cultures and lifestyles, and i felt pretty educated. After My mission, my facination for heels was still strong and prevalant, so after a few months, i decided to try them out. I went into my sisters room(she has the same size shoe as me), and grabbed one of her old dress heels from her closet. I stuffed them in a bag, and went out to my car and went to work. all day at work i coudn't help but think about those heels, in the bag, in the back seat of my car. the day dragged on soooooo slow, and finally it came quittin time. I hurried to my car, and stripped off my shoes and socks, and donned on those 3 inch block heel mary janes. WHAT A RUSH! it was like being blasted with euphoria. I drove around for a while til it got dark, and then i went to my old high school and walked around the empty parking lot. the tic toc of the heels were intoxicating, and what i had come to find, was that they felt more comfortable than the complaining girls would say. I found a passion that i love. Time went by, wearing heels at night in parks, and parking lots, just to walk around, and feel the experience. I decided to get my own pair. i went into a payless inside a shopko, and found a fairly decent pair of american eagle 3 inch platform pumps in size 11. I put those on in the car and raced to a secluded spot to try them out. Just as exciting as the first! a bit more difficult as well, they had a skinnier heel, but never the less, still exciting. Months passed, and i would aquire a pair of heels every now and again, and wear them at night, hoping for a day when wearing them in public would be acceptable. I met a gal at work, and we began to date. i didn't dare tell her about my love for womens footwear(in hind sight, i should have told her earlier), and we got married. I would slip out subtle hints every now and again, but for the most part my heeling was a secret. She finally found my stash, and i had to explain it to her, which was one of the most terrifying things ever. I did the best i could, and she calmed down, but i could still tell she was very much upset that i wore them. she was raised in an even more bubble than i was. so the years pass, and i would only wear the heels at night before i came home form work, and would put them on after she went to bed. i started to begin to think this would be all i could do with this hobby, this passion of mine. All i could do was wear them when i could, and hope and pray that someday she would be understanding. So i struggled with keeping things in line, battling these feelings, and trying to ensure my wifes happiness. I finally gave in, and emailed one of my close friends who i served with in my mission(who happens to be gay, but just let everyone know a few months ago), and told him my dilemma. i asked how do you live your life, and be happy. He said profound words to me, and they stick with me to this day. He said that there is nothing inherently wrong with me. we all have quirks, and things that make us unique. the most we can do is to love ourselve, regardless of our successes or faults, and to lean on those friends who accept us for who we are. Those words never hit me so hard. that was it, that was the boost i was looking for. I realized heels are here in my life to stay. they are a part of me, to an extent, they define who i am. I found this little ray of light within me, and accepted myself for who i was. So, soon after that, i went shopping with my sister, and i bought a pair of boots. and i said, these boots are going to change things. I found an added measure of confidence. I put them on, left them covered by jeans(which i personally prefer... i'm not the flashy type), and started heeling. I told a few more of my friends about my joys of the shoes, and would wear them when i am out with them at the mall, or just to dinner and such. I have worn them to school, and to work on occasion. I have not yet told my wife of my increase in heeling activities. That will come soon though ;-) I met up with a class mate of mine just the other day at the mall to work on some homework. I put the boots on, and wore them all day with her. we walked in and out of stores, passed millions of people, and i realized that people dont care. and if they do, they keep it to themselves. we caught a movie after we finished our homework, and walked around the mall some more. I was comfortable, i was happy, i was myself. it was amazing! That my friends, Is my story. I hope perhaps it inspired you, or at least you enjoyed it. ~Olounda p.s. If any of you are in utah, lemme know. we could catch up or something. :):w00t2:

That is a great story. I love hearing sucessful outings in high heels. Please keep us updated on any of your further adventures in high heels. But, I would suggest total honesty with your wife. I would also respect her feelings and try to work things out to find a happy medium for both of you. Good luck.

Hey Olounda, Thanks for sharing your story. I have also never known a day when being able to wear certain feminine footwear didn't share a part of my thoughts. My experiences may entail quite a few more years than yours, but it seems our desire to wear heels has reached the same level of intensity. Sounds like you have been quite active in the college community while heeling. Have you met or talked with others who are or want to become heelers?

Congrats on having the courage to progress to street heeling Self have no progressed that far yet, will get there Then on the issue of your wife, think that it is very important that she knows what is going on. know and understand that its not easy to get that point across and attain acceptance and compete with people thoughts that have been entrenched through out their whole life However it can be done 1st and for most, this site was of great help with ideas and info on high heels One of the things that we all need to get into our heads is that that these are not woman’s shoes What makes these woman’s shoes, the heels is most peoples reactions, well men wore heels long before woman, then woman started wearing heels then later men stopped wearing heels and woman still do, the full details of this story can be of great assistance to convincing a wife and opening up peoples minds about high heels Woman used to wear only dresses, now woman wear pants, does that make them any different???? The ancient Egyptians pharaohs wore make up (not saying that you should wear make up), now days woman wear make up, does that make them any different. There are a lot of good post here that will help open up your wife’s mind, maybe show here the site and let her look around, sure it will help. The other good point that always comes up, is just couz you enjoy wearing heels does not change who you are, you are still the same person Think one of the best things about heeling is to be able to share our passion for heels with our life partners life partner, the shopping the heeling together …………..!! Good luck Hope this helps:smile:

Sounds like you have been quite active in the college community while heeling. Have you met or talked with others who are or want to become heelers?

Alas, at the times that i do wear them to school, nobody seems to notice, and if they do they dont care to ask, and i am not the one to say "lookie here at my shoes":smile:. I would be comfortable talking to people about it, and sharing my experience.

It is good to know there are other utahn's out there who share the same passion :w00t2:

In regards to your comments on the wife, I understand that she needs to know what is going on. She is a business analyst in her work, and she is therefore very analytical. when i talk to her about all of this, i need to be prepared, and have business justification for all my examples. When i feel that i am that prepared(hopefully by next month) then i will be confident in approaching her to discuss the matter. Thank you all for your concern :lmao:

Great story and I really enjoyed reading it. The advice that your wife should know about your heeling adventures is greatly justified. I do know just how you feel about being completely prepared and picking just the right moment to have that all important discussion with her. Keep us all posted on your progress on that matter in the future. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Welcome back and nice to see your posting, Tanith. I hope you and Olounda aren't so far apart and can get together.

It's good to be back and posting again. It would be cool to get together and chat, hang out, or whatever happens to sound like fun at the time. It's nice to see more guys in utah that like heels too.

Yes, congrats on getting out heeling again; doing so in conservative UT certainly adds to the excitement. From recent personal experience I too have to strongly recommend you be upfront with your SO. The HIDING of a secret is almost always worse than the secret itself. Trust and all that, you know. Best wishes!

"It's just a flesh wound"

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like you have been quite active in the college community while heeling. Have you met or talked with others who are or want to become heelers?

School starts again today. I will keep everyone posted of my adventure and winnings and dealings with the student body :thumbsup:

Nothing like setting a standard, and making a first and lasting impression on the first day of class. W00tz!

Olounda, You seem to be a happy, active heeler in the circles of your schooling and that's great. Maybe, through your willingness to wear high heels, other (male) students and business associates will be encouraged to show their desire to be heelers.

oh, and just to give an update. I spoke with my wonderful wife, and we came to a conclusion. Things are okay with her now, not as good as they could be, but a start is a start. There is more understanding, and caring about feelings. :thumbsup:

Hi Olounda, You are not alone, in Utah that is! I'm also guessing that neither of us are unique. I'm also straight and married. My wife doesn't like it one bit, but alas, I think you need to be true to your self. I think it's hard in this community to be different. You've seen all the prop 8 stuff and how everyone gets worked up! A few years ago there was a group on yahoo for Mormon X-dressers. It doesn't get a lot of traffic these days. There was an incident where one of the members was disciplined by their leaders, while another was fairly open with his and nothing happened. It's weird what people believe is improper. It was sad to see one of the groups members be tormented by those who should have sought understanding. I think we all struggle with who we are. Many like to cast everyone into neat little boxes so THEY feel comfortable. I've lived long enough to know that I have to love myself first, and also accept myself. Others are going to judge what they do not understand. As for your wife this could be a hard thing for her to understand. If you've read much you'll know that these feelings don't go away. As a CD, many will purge when they feel guilty. It's just a waste of money, don't... Shoes or whatever. Then you'll be mad at yourself for throwing stuff out you really liked. You may never understand this desire. But what desire do you understand? Why do some people like blue, chocolate, steak, football, and on and on. I think the point is that you need to, and hopefully will, come to peace over who your are. It take time... CHeers UN