Al's Streetheeling today

Escaped this afternoon and went to Waterlooville with heels. Yes a real town (silly name only) just north of Portsmouth. Wearing my 4" ankle boots primarily to have a nose around one of the Brantano stores, also almost next door is a Matalan. So they are the targets. Parked up in the carpark, not all that busy lots of spaces. so a short 75 yard walk to the store fronts. I think most people were shopping in the town not at at this estate as the shops were quite empty. Showing about an inch of heel below jeans, just enough to be not too obvious. Matalan was the first visit, a tour around the ground floor was impressive (mens wear and household) good prices on good stock and then upstairs to veiw the heels, I really do look for the two of us and AnneV wants something colourful. If you have seen the UK advertisements go and visit they are just a tip of the iceberg, I wish I had the camera, my phone would just not have done justice! Anyway I digress, a very noisy floor, the heel clunk was very noticeable and I'm sure as it was empty what shoppers that were close by could clearly hear as well. An elder couple I’m sure did, he did the double look and I’m sure he told his wife but no comments even as we passed again further around the shop. One of the shop staff also as walking towards each other, maybe I should have glanced back out of couriosity. On to Brantano, carpeted floor and very few people in the shop, maybe10 including the staff! After all the advertising hype it was a disappointment. It felt bland and too much like a warehouse with few if any seats. Some nice styles but generally again bland. Did find a mans boot with a 1 ¼ “ heel, very long toe for the size, looked almost clumsy? Defiantly not impressed and left. Walked though a furniture store next, staff outnumbered customers 2 to 1. Again a noisy floor. One of the staff offered assistance and then followed me around, obviously watching my feet. Nice stock and prices to go with it. Left and crossed the carpark to leave to my next destination. Whiteley Village, a designer outlet shopping centre. 30 odd small shops, again very quiet, few shoppers. Heels echoing between the shops giving me away I am certain but so few to care. Spent about 30 -40 minutes walking around the shops, a couple of shoe / fashion shops but ultimately little to comment on. Leaving the last shop 3 or 4 girls were behind me, I think their chatter centered on me but nothing was clear or derogatory. They entered another shop and was gone. Another young lady followed me away from the shops back to the carpark, less than 5 steps behind, certainly should have seen! No one stopped me, several saw, one pointed and most that noticed were older 60+. An interesting afternoon with few people to “hide” within and another challenge passed. Confidence uplifted. Onwards to the next.:w00t2::lmao::lmao::lmao: Al

Thanks secondtake If I'd known Whiteley was going to be so empty I would have probable not bothered or chickened out. Once there it's just go for it. When I visited Bognor a couple of weeks back it was crowded, same heels just the sound just faded away totally different. I visited my own town centre (without heels) one of the fashion shops have a sale on (New Look) my AnneV had seen a style on their website, but out of stock for her size (6) so I hoped for some luck in store. Again no luck but found some Red Mary janes (4) and some standard toe pointed 4" stilleto courts also in deep bright red, all in size 6 perfect! only need 1 pair. At the counter 2 young girls, "nice colour". "yes" I replied "but too small for me" "Don't Know, they'd look good on you" "Yes but I'm about 7 1/2 and you don't have any larger sizes unfortunatly other wise at that price (£5) I'd have a pair" "shame, sorry" second girl hadn't really listened and had just picked up the conversation with a disbelieving look on her face. "Yes there are a lot of fellows beginning to wear heels out there" she still looked unbelieving as I left. Just wish I was wearing , her face could have been a gem. Al

Alsheels, Wow, sounds like a great outing...I've been to Whiteley Village several times when I visit my father in Hedge End, I wish I'd been there that day! New Look's great isn't it? I was in there last night looking with my SO. I'd never have the guts to openly buy any though. Spiker.

Spiker

That was the first purchase from New Look and I felt confident so hence the word play.

Purchased from Peacocks and ASDA with occasional banter mostly hedging around the future owner and with no hassle.

Faith in Portsmouth cascades were quite open that they have male regulars and they did mean wearers as well as just for their partners.

At Bognor Regis there is a shoe shop in the arcade that used to do very high courts but I think they may be closing down soon.

Matalan is well worth a visit, more interesting than common ASDA stock

Al

Both times I've been out in them have been fine with no aches at all. Bognor was about an hour and quarter walking around, W'loovile and Whiteley about half hour a piece plus time driving to, between and home. I've spent 8 hours in my MJs around the house with a 20 minute walk late in the evening with AnneV also in her MJs. we even had to walk round the front of one of the (not so close) neighboors as they parked their car with the headlights still on. Fealt like being on stage, spotlights on 2 pairs of heels. I must get more time out in the platform boots only done about half the above distance. The new sandals, a couple of hundred yards only as they are quite hard work, 5" with a low 1/2" platform but around the house they are like slippers and came with quiet soles and heel tips. For being subtle early in the morning they are the bees knees. Al