Great shoe for future first-time public heelers

jwhite44

I posted this in the Payless thread, but I thought it warranted it's own thread.

For those people looking to go out in public for the first time, but have reservations, I'd like to suggest this pair of ankle boots:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/productdetail.aspx?ItemCode=64007&ProductColor=Black&Width=Regular&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensNewArrivals&BLC=WomensNewArrivalsNewArrivals

For those just getting started, really wanting to go out in public in "women's heels", these might be perfect:

- the height is decent (2 1/2" inches), but in no way excessive.

- the heel base is 1 3/4" square. I think it would be impossible to be unstable in these shoes.

- the heels are solid rubber (or rubber-like material). You could jump and and down in them, there is absolutely no heel noise at all.

- they are a nice, semi-dull black, so they'd blend in with any outfit perfectly.

- the buckle strap could be cut off if you think it looks too feminine (I did originally, but changed my mind after seeing it in person).

- the shape of the sole not feminine, yet not ugly.

In summary, it's difficult to imagine how these boots wouldn't be 99% passable. In my opinion, there's absolutely nothing to be concerned about in public with these boots (heel height, noise level, shape, appearance) that you could really enjoy yourself going out in public, vs basically being 'on worry alert' the entire time with a different pair of shoes.

In terms of buying them, since they are from Payless, extremely easy:

- walk into a local store and look for them

- call a local store, give them the item #, and ask if they can tell you what local stores have availability

- order online, with a ship to store option (for those that can't ship to a home address).

I'd have bought a pair myself, except that they only go up to a 12 regular, which was just too tight for me (most of the Payless shoes I have are a 13W).

post-13957-133522873004_thumb.jpg

quite a good looking pair of boots, very simular to the ones I started heeling in, boots like these are great for buliding your confidence, when you first start out on your own.

life is not a rehearsal

I posted a thread about my day titled My planned heel outting 11-19-08 under the everyone group.. I highly recommend these boots for streetheeling to everyone who is starting out. I will be wearing these alot in the very near future. I hope to find some more boots along this line and will be posting about my finds when they happen.

I am sitting here wearing my new boots (the same boots in this thread)waiting on a friend to go to dinner. She knows of my passion for high heels and I am going to surprise her with wearing new boots to dinner. I will let everyone know how tonight goes.

If you live outside of the US and want to buy Payless shoes, contact Rolandah on ebay or at yahoo.com; she can get them for you and for a fee will ship them overseas. She takes paypal.

GWL

That's cool but the last time I imported shoes it had 'women's shoes' on the customs label on the front, i'm a closet heeler and it's lucky I was the one to receive the parcel not somebody else! Won't import again but at least the shoes that I got are actually my favourite. Just been on the US eBay for size 12s and there's a lot of very nice styles, it's torture though because I can't buy them even though money is not a problem!