Shoes in your family

roz

A comment in another thread gave me an idea for this topic: Are you alone in your family in your passion for shoes? How does your shoe collection compare to other people in your family? And do you think anyone in your family is responsible for getting you into shoes? My mother loves shoes, but probably no more than any other woman. She normally wears wedges and heels when the time is right, but unlike me is more careful about where she wears them. She wouldn't wear them to a theme park or to the park, while I would. My sister Cait is really into shoes, she is 2 years younger than me but has 110 pairs of shoes. Between us we have 290 pairs of shoes now and usefully we have the same size feet so can share shoes. It makes buying expensive shoes really easy because we just share the cost. My last three pairs of Louboutins are shared with her and also a pair of Jimmy Choos. Are you lucky enough to be in the company of someone in your family who loves shoes as much as you, and are they responsible for your passion?

My mother owned quite an extensive collection of heels.

All expensive and exquisite. Treasures.

She was very particular about shoes, I remember vividly my father being lectured for having not polished his correctly.

I also remember marvelling at her shoes from quite an early age.

She never wore wearing anything other than heels and suffers pain now as a result. I’ve seen her practically crawl to the bathroom at night.

She never complained to anyone. "One should retain ones dignity and keep a stiff upper lip at all times", was an integral part of her upbringing. Mine too for that matter.

Her shoes don’t fit me, they’re too small. I remember crying when she told me I could no longer borrow any of them because they were becoming stretched from me cramming my size 7 feet into them.

Despite her occasional loan of shoes when I was in my teens, she always did her best to discourage me from habitual heeling.

Of course I rebelled and as a result have acquired the very same Barbie foot that she tried to steer me away from.

I never took to crushing my toes like her. The sight of her toes repulsed me.

God she would have me struck from the family for sure if she knew I’d written this. Especially to you lot.

My mum also loves heels, she even gave me a pair of hers when I was younger because I kept "borrowing" them. Now my feet are a larger size than hers so her extensive collection no longer fits me but every time I go around to her house wearing a different pair that she thinks are nice, boots normally, then she always has to try mine on. I suppose its pay back for when I was younger :>

I guess I am lucky enough to have my aunt. She wears heels often, especially highheel boots. WHen i was younger, I tried on her boots, but he feet was bigger. Now we both size are 9, its nice we can swap shoes and boots once a while, as she is more into classic styles. For my collection, I have over 60 pairs of boots, calf high, knee high, and even thigh high, I have more knee boots, since i wear them for my daily routine and 30 pairs of shoes which are pumps mostly as well as sandles. Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 2 weeks later...