happy vibrating feet

JohnCinheels

Question

i work on a freight dock, driving a forklift for 8-10 hours a day. Last friday one of my coworkers left our company to go work for one of the national trucking companies. His forklift was reassigned to me effective this morning. I did my daily inspection of the forklift and everything appeared to be in order. When i started the forklift and put it into gear, the floorboard started vibrating with the hum of the engine, after about 20 minutes my feet felt great as did my legs. i didnt say anything to my supervisor but look forward to going to work tomorrow.

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

12 answers to this question

Speaking of vibrating feet, has anyone outside of California seen the new California cheese commercial on television? They are all about happy cows these days. Anyway, this herd of cows is standing in a pasture when there is an earthquake. They all ooh and aah - foot massage! When it stops, one says "That's the trouble with these things - they never last long enough!"

it might feel pleasant now, but I hope you know about the condition often referred to as 'vibration white finger' which is a form of Raynaud's Disease. This can cause:

# Tingling and numbness in the fingers, often continuing after use of machinery.

# One finger temporarily turns white and may start to ache.

# The finger turns white more often.

# Other fingers begin turning white.

# After several fingers turn white, the disease is probably irreversible; the thumb is not usually affected.

# The sufferer experiences increasingly frequent painful attacks at any time.

# In extreme cases the sufferer may lose fingers - this is more likely when the worker is using vibrating machinery at very low temperatures.

(obviously you would substitute the part of the body in contact with the vibrating machine)

It is usually caused by severe vibrations from equipment such as jackhammers, compacters etc but I wouldn't take any chances if I were you.

http://www.tuc.org.uk/h_and_s/tuc-8705-f0.cfm

Emma

I wouldn't think it is normal for the floor of the forklift to vibrate like that. Some thing mechanical is wearing out down there and maybe you should have the forklift people check this out. They should be able to pin-point the problem right away and correct it. You wouldn't drive your car down the highway vibrating like that and your forklift shouldn't be doing that either. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I agree with Dawn. While some vibration is to be expected from running machinery, it's not normal to have so much as to become a distraction to the operator.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

found out what was causing the vibrations in the floorboard of my forklift, and needless to say i got my moneys worth out of it, the cause was something so unbelievably stupid, a quarter fell and was lodged in the transmission casing for the lift, the mechanic was nice enough to remove it and give it to me, unfortunately that quarter was worth more than my raise this year.

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

JohnCinheels:-) What do you have to do to make it work...put a quarter in it???? TEE! HEE! UNBELIEVABLE!!! A quarter causing all that vibration. Well, at least we know that it wasn't anything serious. I'll bet your forklift runs a lot smoother now, eh? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Johncinheels:-) I'm glad to read that your fork-lift is running much better now. Most things need a quarter put in to make them run...yours needs a quarter taken out to make it run. TEE! HEE! Cheers--- Dawn HH