The future of heels?

BobHH

Our local newspaper had an article last week bylined Fort Worth, Texas, which claimed heels were dead and "everyone" was going to comfy flats. No more Manolo Blahniks, it said, quoting Texas society types. I worried about whether this was just Texas or ?

Today's Los Angeles Times has an article on Fall 2003 men's fashions (what? Spring isn't even here, yet!). It is titled "His and hers - for him," and shows colorful "feminine" styles for men as displayed in Milan. One picture shows a Vivienne Westwood male model with falsies and a bra under a sweater, looking rather feminine. One sentence in the article reads "Next season's clothes have one foot in the past and the other maybe in a stiletto."

See if this link works:

http://www.calendarlive.com/printedition/calendar/cl-et-quintanilla17jan17,0,3324245.story?coll=cl%2Dcalendar

Maybe there's hope, yet!

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: I agree with you, bobHH, 100%. Females in big cities are going for lower and lower heels....and you can understand why: long distances, crowded streets, etc. I have to request formally to my wife to wear high heels and skirts because since Yves St.Laurent begun to masculinize his ladies....all of them want to wear long pants, flats... We should begin to talk about the "masculinism" against the feminism to get females in skirts, high heels, sandals an so on. :(

not in london - the place is crawling with high heels after a bit of a lull in the mid ninetys. I drove through the city yesterday morning at about 7.30pm and must have seen at least a 100 pairs of 3 1/2 inch + heels and a fair few 4 1/2 inch +. lovely. WHAT A TOWN!!!