If you were in the shoe industry...

Maximilian

What kind of shoes/boot would you attach your name/career to? We in this forum share one common thing, we love high heels. Has anyone ever thought about becoming involved in the shoe industry, even it it meant changing careers? Sometimes I toy with the idea although I'm not sure which part of the industry I'd like to belong to. It's more like a dream idea than a reality at this point. Plus, I think that the competition makes it a very hard industry to enter and be successfull in (financially speaking). But for the sake of the dream lets say I did it. There are quite a few options such as design, manufacturing, quality control, marketing etc. The final product tester could be cool :smile: I guess I'd like to have some basic design skills as well as the knowledge to design the shoes that I like. However, I don't think I'd want to do any of those for years and years. So, the best bet would be to locate shoe designers and factories willing to design/manufacture shoes/boots that I like (maybe design a few styles I like and give them to the pros to manufacture) and open a company that sells the final product. Since I like good and high quality shoes, I'd probably want to check out factories and designers in Italy or Spain. Cheap/massed produced shoes/boots in China is not the path I'd take. I'd strive that my company would become a boutique brand of excellent quality classic style shoes/boots sold in high end dept. stores and shops. My customers would know that the shoes they buy from my company will last them for years. I'd focus on professional/dressy shoes/boots. I'd also have shoes/boots without high heels since I find classic Italian mens shoes or womens' tall flat boots (1 inch heel) very elegant as well. The hh shoes/boots would be unisex, no separate men/women sections. The classic styles would span from the masculine looking to the very feminine (from block heels to stilettos, from round toe to very pointed). As a fan of western cowboy boots, I'd have a more casual section of boots incorporating western boot designs with higher and thinner stacked heels. This is, pretty much, how I see myself doing it. Maybe some day. what about you?