Suggestion for the British Group members.

Richy

I posted this on Jenny's old site after replying to what may well become an interesting topic on the acceptance of women in ultra high heels. Probably I should have posted it here first but.... While I was composing my (rather lengthy) reply to Jenny in the previous thread a thought occured to me. As I said to her, this group, the alternative men's group and the hhforum were set up primarily to offer a contact point for support of many who, knew that they had an interest in the wearing or admiration of the high heel, but thought that it was parculiar to them alone. The problem is that this, and the other websites have lost that focus now and anybody new coming in here looking for advice, such as jenny, is more likely to be hit with constant "please post a photograph for us" which tends to alienate anyone and push them away from the group. I'm also part of the BDSM community in this country, having recently found that there is an organised side to those aspect. They found that it was very difficult for new people, who may only just be discovering their own preferences, to get into the scene, mainly because of the fear of the unknown. So they set up a system, which they call "munches" where newcomers are have an open invitiation to come along and meet more regular members of the sccene in an informal, and no dress code situation, normally in a pub or club during the day, so they can find out more from each other, swap stories/experiences and generally meet a few people so that when they do take the big first step, they will at least have a few friendly faces to lean on. It's all very relaxed and to an outsider, you wouldn't notice anything different. In fact, the pub we use in South Wales, we have the lounge but have to go through the bar to get to the toilets but as we're in jeans normally, nobody knows any different. The men do, to a small extent, try to meet on a regular basis, but I suspect that many are put of joining them because they don't have the confidence to do what they do, which is wander around London or Birmingham wearing what they want. There is nothing done for the women who wish to wear heels but haven't got the confidence, or want to go higher but don't know where to begin, and there is certainly no means of the men and women of this group getting together. What I would suggest is that someday, we set up a meet for anybody who wants to come along, just to be able to put names to faces, ask questions, get ideas, and generally relax and feel good. If you want to wear heels do so, if you don't no problem. The difference is that you would be in a room where everyone has a common interest amd is able to interact. There are undoubtedly a number of couples where one partner reads this board, and would like to get the SO to share his or her interest but doesn't know how to convince them. This would be an opportunity. The predominant participant a first would alomost certainly be single males and couples, as it is with the munches, but as time goes on, things change. Over to the rest of you.

I'm quite happy to do that, but we sort of do it already. No one has to wear heels to our meets, we make that quite clear; there's no dress code and all we do is pub, shops, or art gallery type stuff. Several times, people have turned up not wearing heels and that's cool. As for the women, I don't think they have a problem wearing what heels they want when they want so they don't tend to come unless they are partners. But having said that, call it munches, call it a friendly drink, call it meet some new people, call it no dress code required. Guys and girls alike are welcome to our meet ups. We'll look forward to seeing you and mates at the next one Richy! How about Bristol?

I probably wouldn't recommend Bristol, but appreciate the offer. I know that I have said a couple of times before that I would come out, but as always, work has got in the way. Being a relief man, you never know what shifts they are going to throw at you. I suppose as well, that I have also been a bit reticent because art galleries and such are not my scene, and I have done places like Oxford Street to death. Unless you wear a size 8 or lower, you are not likely to find much to interest you unless very lucky. My idea of a day out like that, would be to sit in a pub for a few hours, and just be able to talk, and exchange views on the world with like minded people, maybe even without mentioning heels in conversation. Call it more of a social gathering. Conversation in a group tends to flow a great deal more, if you start off knowing that you have at least one thing in common that you can relate to. It's how friends are made.

I can't remember the name of it now, but there is a pub in Bristol I used to go to with the Swindon/Bristol TV scene. They also used to have regular "spank" meetings for the BDSM fans.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd prefer Swindon or Bristol, as my family lives not far from them, and I can get my little one looked after more easily. Oxford is a do-able, but a bit more of a trek. Plus I used to live there, and I might - oh, what the heck. There are some very nice pubs in Oxford, as any Morse fan will know. However, IIRC, it's not much cop for shopping in, as it's a bitch to park there, and everything is crammed. Swindon has the Great Western Arcade plus a town centre, which I think is okay. I've never been shopping in Bristol, but there's an out-of-town mall there called 'Cribbs Causeway', which probably boasts some decent shops. So, Swindon or Bristol for me, please. I'll try and sort out a weekend when I can make it, but sometime end of Jan or end of Feb is best for me. I'd also just like to agree with FireFox's comments. I've been to a meet where it was clear that some of the chaps there knew each other quite well, but AndyB and I were a bit new to it all. It's certainly helped me put names to faces, and feel much better about it all, and I think AndyB feels the same way. So, yeah, let's have more meets. Should be easier as the board grows!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'd prefer Swindon or Bristol, as my family lives not far from them, and I can get my little one looked after more easily. Oxford is a do-able, but a bit more of a trek. Plus I used to live there, and I might - oh, what the heck. There are some very nice pubs in Oxford, as any Morse fan will know. However, IIRC, it's not much cop for shopping in, as it's a bitch to park there, and everything is crammed.

It has an excellent park and ride system. I usually park at Peartree and the buses leave every ten minutes or so. You can be outside Debenhams ( :lol: ) within 20 minutes of parking.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It has an excellent park and ride system. I usually park at Peartree and the buses leave every ten minutes or so. You can be outside Debenhams ( :lol: ) within 20 minutes of parking.

I know! I lived in Oxford for four years. The Park&Ride was known locally as the Park'n'Gone :(. To be honest, the more I think of it, the more I'm up for going there again. I'd have a bit more arranging to do, tho', but it's worth it.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 4 months later...

The negotiations on this page for a heel-meet in Bristol or Swindon or Oxford seemed to fizzle-out in January 2003. A topic higher up the list of headings on this Forum is 'Meadowhall, Sheffield meet' in which members have currently been trying to arrange a meet up there. However, these plans seem to have dwindled down to maybe two or three members. Therefore I have just suggested (see under the Meadowhall topic heading) that it might be more successful to re-plan the proposed meet to somewhere more central to the UK like Oxford. Datewise, I am suggesting around the weekend of Sat/Sun 12th/13th July 2003 (although Sundays are difficult for Firefox). I hope this might attract the original people favouring Oxford plus the Northern people as well, and that something can be successfully arranged. Can all those interested please their comments here?

Onwards and upwards!

I'm interested, and I can arrange to be there for that weekend in July, given sufficient notice. So, count me in!

Firefox has responded (under the 'Meadowhall' heading) that he can maki it on my suggested SATURDAY 12th JULY suggestion and can make it. He also liked my suggestion of meeting a bit more South/central to attract more attenders. Can we all agree on SAT 12th JULY at OXFORD?

Onwards and upwards!