Continental Euro New Year drink

Highluc

In response to the proposal of GJ on th Lakeside thread I checked with the owners of my favorite restaurant and they welcome the idea. They have seen it all (with up to 9 guys in heels together last year), and have now an ideal separated meeting place (refurnished top floor in Bali style) for some relaxed drinking and talking. Either we do only the drink and maybe some good food on the first weekend of January, or we combine it with a shoe shopping trip to Hasselt the second weekend when the sales have started. I know there are at least 10 people on this board that live within 100 km of Leopoldsburg so this should be possible and be an ideal way of meeting each other (again) and wear our heels in public. Please reply if interested with a proposal on date and time (friday evening or saturday noon because sunday is too busy and the stores are closed), and I'll try to coordinate and organize. Happy heeling from Highluc. PS: partners are welcome.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Very good idea Highluc. The first weekend will be difficult for me, but if it's the second or a later weekend I will do all that I can to make it there. :lol: Happy holidays to you all!!

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Hi Jeff, nice to see you want to keep in touch. For the other guys (and girls) who still are a bit reluctant, please note that restaurant is an old farm located outside the buildup area and thus isolated from civilisation with ample parking space around, thus making it no problem for the less bold of us to attend. You can read more about the attitiude of the owners and waiters versus heeled guys on my webpage in the "about me pages of november and december 2002". If you are interested in joining, please e-mail me through redcap@hotmail.com for further details and the directions to get there. It is important for me to prearrange some numbers for the reception area and food tables in advance. Please don't turn up unexpected or leave me to pay for people that let me down after they made promisses.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

HighLuc, Great idea. I probably can be there in the second weekend of Januari. I'll keep you informed. I saw you bought almost identical Bronx boots to the onces I have (with the 'rotated' blade heel). Very nice indeed! Jeff, Are you taking your girl with you, or is she not 'ready' yet? If you bring her along maybe I can convince my wife to come also.

Ha, finally some response, I was almost ready to cancel the whole deal. Still havn't heard anything from GJ who got the idea started. I still hope some others will join as well and it will be nice if the ladies came as well, this heely thing shouldn't prevent us from being social. It looks like it is going to be the second weekend anyway so please state your desires: date, time, place, activities? See you all soon, Luc

Hi Luc and Lion, The second weekend is fine by be. Preferably Saterday 11-1 I think (shops are open then, are they not? :lol:) I will be coming alone this time though. Maybe next time I can convince here to come along.

Greetz, Jeff

---

Yes Jeff, shops are open till 18h00 on Saturday and the sales begin monday 6 january. Merry christmas to you and your girlfriend.

First of all, A Happy New year to you all! Luc, what's the status on the new years drinks 11-1? Are we still on?

Greetz, Jeff

---

Hi guys, I still haven't heard anything from GJ, but today Rob told me he would join at least till mid afternoon and he told me of a possible other Dutch guy. That will be 4 or 5 guys which sound ok for 1 car. The program is yours but I propose meeting at my place any time in the morning, lunch at 12h00 in De Wijzerplaat (you all went there already), afternoon shopping the sales in Hasselt. Evening whatever. Any other proposals are welcome. Please indicate the number of people for lunch to get the table prepared. CU soon, Luc PS: anybody else on this board (lurkers also) are welcome to join as well.

Ok Luc, I think I'll be at your place around 11h00 if that's alright with you.

Greetz, Jeff

---

11 is fine Jeff. Nobody earlier pls because I have a party to attend fridaynight. Who else is coming?

Sorry Robert, next time maybe, it would have been nice meeting you. Bye, Luc

Hi guys, with only 3 of this this was a rather limited New Years gathering but I think Lion and Jeff got satisfied with their day and new boots. I hope next time some more people will join. Instead of typing everything twice I recomend you to read the report of this fun meeting on my 2003 diary page on http://www.highluc.net

ps: got myself new boots as well after resisting for a total of 20 minutes.

Maybe not my favorite either but at least I will be able to wear heels without weather or surface limitations. Some of us live 24/7 on heels and have to take the practical as well as aesthetic side into account. These would see much use if I lived in snowy Finland you know. Have a heely week, Highluc.