Looking for sandal suggestions!

NewfieGuyInHeels

Hey guys. My gf put forth the idea a few days ago about me getting some heeled sandals for the summer. Now I've never really considdered them before being mainly a boot fan. So if anyone could give me some ideas of style to look out for (with pics so i get a good visual) I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm partial to black, and preferably anything that can still be somewhat masculine, tho I'd like to see any ideas you have. Thanks!

Hi Newfie Where and when are you thinking of wearing your sandals? I have a few pairs but I'm not sure about wearing them out in town. I almost tried it once before but it never happened. I think high heel sandals are lovely but it really is pushing the envelope to wear them out. Good luck, and here's hoping I get the confidence to wear mine out too lol Thanks

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I have a pair of clogs with a 3 inch wedge heel that I wear often during the summer. That's the closest thing I have to high heeled sandals. I might change my mind after seeing the shoe Johnieheel displayed. Those are really nice.;)

ok, since size is not an issue for you, but the fact that you have predominately worn boots leads me to make two suggestions. First, there is a big difference in going from a boot with a heel to a sandal with a heel. I suggest you consider buying two pair of sandals. The first pair would be your "trainers" and these would have a heel not higher than 2.5" and would help you get adjusted to wearing an open toed heels. The second pair would be what you want to wear on a regular basis once you have graduated from the trainers.

I would recommend going to www.zappos.com and searching through their sandal collection for size 9s in black and then you can make your own decision. Some of the styles in johnie's post would be great too, but I would make them the second pair. Good Luck!