New Shoes

stuffs

Hi, I just bought a new pair (1st pair) of 5" pumps. I had no intensions of trying them on at the store (club wear store around my area) But I figured if I was going to spend 30 dollars on a pair I should. Usally I go for a 8 1/2 size (US) shoe for most my heels, but they only had whole sizes. The people there were very nice and helped me try on the shoes. They don't allow people to try the shoes on in the dressing rooms so it was a bit akward at 1st when I was tring it on and they were watching me. The size 9 was too large and the size 10 was slightly too big, but the offered some pads that help make it fit better and after some adjustments the size 10 fit me very well. I walked around in them to see how they looked. Feeling weird since no one knows I wear heels including my girlfriend I walked around the store to make sure that they were comfortable. The girl helping me told me that I walked very naturally with them. After a few minutes (and still feeling weird) I made the purchase. I feel better knowning that they were understanding and helpful with my purchase, so I can see myself going back there for more purchases (which could become a money pit!) Anyways just wanted to share my experiances shopping for shoes. Very different from when I will go into a bigger store pick the shoe real quick try to find a quiet corner to try them on real quick, making sure no one see's me.

First, WELCOME to the forum!

I have found that if the folks at the store think you are going to buy something, they will go out of their way to help you.

You can try shoes on at any store but some are more friendly and helpful than others. There are a number of threads about trying on shoes in stores that you might find helpful. The Payless chain is noted for having larger sizes (but your 8 - 10 should be no problem at all) and being helpful to guys buying heels.

Enjoy your heels!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy is correct, most stores are fine with trying them on. Most places I've been to either don't care, or are actually helpful. I've even gotten positive comments from some sales folks. The one and only time I had a saleslady give me the "Eww.. You're really going to try those on?" look, I gave her the "Darn right I'm going to try them on, and what of it?" look right back and that look went away quickly. I think you'll be surprised at how receptive the sales folks are, especially when their commission is tied to it ;) . Welcome!

Hey stuffs, Definitely try them on in the store. The last thing you want to do is to quickly try them on in a dark corner. If you are browsing women's shoes and taking them of the rack, sales people know they are for you. Trust me. Just go the whole way. You will find it quite pleasant. 90% of the time I find the sales people to be very pleasant and helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Stuffs... By all means, try them on in the store. The high heels I have bought fluctuate in size depending on the style of the shoe. I have many different pairs of high heels that are different sizes that fit my foot perfectly. If I hadn't tried them on, it could have been a hassle taking them back, especially if they didn't have the size I really needed. Good luck on your future purchases.;)