Article(s) in the Observer

Maxine

A rather marvellous issue of the Observer (UK) yesterday with shedloads of lovely shoes to look at...the shoe buying guide itself doesn't appear to be online, but this article has a splendid section by Louboutin ("I never ask is this shoe too high? For me there ain't no high heel high enough!")

Also an amusing article here on current fashion generally, not just shoes. Apparently platforms remain in, but the "important factor for footwear this spring is a general mood of frivolity and nonsense...if your shoes aren't remarked upon by strangers, you're missing the point." Cool...although I can't agree with their recommendation of this peculiar creation at Top Shop.

Anyway, thought you ladies might find some of those interesting. Out of curiosity, how closely do you follow the dicates of fashion in shoes? Personally I try to be reasonably fashionable and up-to-date but if I don't like the style that happens to be of the moment then I won't wear it. And I ain't buying those Top Shop ones no matter how many fashion editors tell me otherwise!

That was a really good link Maxine thanks,

I treated myself some shoes from 'boutin just recently

"Architeck slingbacks"

Platforms really aren't my cup of tea when they're exposed or exagerated but these hidden ones are more comfortable to wear than my regular shoes. I also bought a little black cocktail dress from edressme.com, the'll be a perfect match if it ever arrives here.

In answer to your question regarding following fashion then I do......old fashion. Well, classic to be more apropriate.

A rather marvellous issue of the Observer (UK) yesterday with shedloads of lovely shoes to look at...the shoe buying guide itself doesn't appear to be online, but this article has a splendid section by Louboutin ("I never ask is this shoe too high? For me there ain't no high heel high enough!")

Also an amusing article here on current fashion generally, not just shoes. Apparently platforms remain in, but the "important factor for footwear this spring is a general mood of frivolity and nonsense...if your shoes aren't remarked upon by strangers, you're missing the point." Cool...although I can't agree with their recommendation of this peculiar creation at Top Shop.

Anyway, thought you ladies might find some of those interesting. Out of curiosity, how closely do you follow the dicates of fashion in shoes? Personally I try to be reasonably fashionable and up-to-date but if I don't like the style that happens to be of the moment then I won't wear it. And I ain't buying those Top Shop ones no matter how many fashion editors tell me otherwise!

Gosh I just looked at the at Top Shop link as well. What a hideous creature. What will they do with their surplus stock next year?. I think it should be law to make truly ugly shoes out of biodegradable materials.