Latest addition to the collection

lion

When I got home today I finally found the boots I ordered at shoe-shop.com had arrived :) ! I hoped I would get them just before the mini EuroHeel, but three weeks from ordering 'till delivery is not bad.

The brand is Bronx, model Becky, and I must say they have made some improvements this year. In the other two pairs of Bronx I have there is some cardboard-like material where the ball of your feet rests (maybe it actually -is- cardboard). This material tends to form tiny 'rolls' after some use, and this is quite irritating. There isn't a good way to remove those 'rolls', because when you try to get rid of them, you peel off some of the material in tiny chips (layers) :( . But in my new boots they replaced it with leather on top of a thin layer of foam, and it feels great. I'm convinced I got the right size (40), because my big toe has at least 3cm room 'till the front of the nose. But I must say these boots are thight, ouch :o ! Not very comfortable, but they look great. They walk very silent too, something you would not expect from such a thin heel. The lining is very beautifull too, it has a dark blue color.

Well, here's the picture, let's have some reactions now! :lol:

Posted Image

And another picture, mine are actually black, but on this one you can see some more details:

Posted Image

BTW the heel is exactly 10.5 cm on size 40.

And Higluc just reminded me I bought these ones from him, very comfortable boots! :

Posted Image

Lion

Thank you for your reaction, Highluc :( . More, more! And congratulations from my wife and me on becoming a grandfather! Hope all goes well for the little one (and her parents of course), did you already buy some heels for her? :lol: . This calls for a celebration :drinking: Lion

I'm convinced I got the right size (40), because my big toe has at least 3cm room 'till the front of the nose. But I must say these boots are thight, ouch :lol: ! Not very comfortable, but they look great. Posted Image

Lion

Argh... great! [drool]

I want those too!!

Lion, could you do me a favour and measure your feet's length and width? These boots are not for sale in Finland but I would consider ordering them from some mail order shop from the civilized part fo the world if there is a reasonable chance that they would fit.

The thing with Bronx is that their sizes vary lightyears from one another. My all time greatest boots are a Bronx 41, but then I haven't been able to fit in any 41 this year until last week, which then fit great again.

If your feet are about 1,5 cm smaller than mine, that probably means that the 41 fits....

thanks in advance!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Bert,

Here are my measurements as you requested:

Left foot: length 26.5 cm, width 10.0 cm (+- 1mm)

Right foot: length 26.0 cm, width 9.5 cm (+- 1mm)

Length measured with full weight on the foot, back of the heel to a wall. Width also measured with full weight on the foot at the widest point. Measurements were taken at 23:15 (at the end of the day, just after having these boots on for about 9 hours).

I ordered these Bronx boots (model Becky knee) at www.shoe-shop.com ( http://www.shoe-shop.com/cgi-bin/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&carfnbr=354&prrfnbr=109664&sesent=0,0 ). Time from order until delevery was about 3 weeks. Note my left foot is larger than my right one. The boots fit -perfectly- on my right foot, for my left foot they mean -pain-, but then again I just wore them for about 10 hours now. These are boots where your feet must become acustomed to the boots. The boots sure won't become acustomed to your feet because of the man-made interior and stitching on the nose, they are very resistant to stretching. The widest point measured at the sole from the boot is 8.8 cm (size 40), so now you know why they hurt on my left foot, my left foot is compressed about 1 cm while wearing them! :lol: I know I could have gotten them in a size 41, but then they would develop some ugly wrinkles (I was smart enough to try another model of Bronx from the same last in a store, before I ordered these online). After I've worn these boots for a while and then put on any other pair of boots I have (with an 11cm heel) it's just like walking on sneakers.

The part around my ankles is also very thight, further up the shaft they are very roomy (like most Bronxes). Heel height is exactly 10.55 cm (+- 0.5 mm) measured at the back of the heel straight down on the outside. Quality and finishing is very good, and the lining has a beautiful kind of dark blue. Exterior is leather, lining and sole man-made. The attachment of the heels is rock-solid.

And yes, I sure think you're right about Bronx sizes varying. I got 2 pairs of Bronx from last year in size 41, and they are very roomy. In fact I could wear them with thick men's socks, definately a sure no-no with these ones, thin pantys (stockings) only!

Hope you have enough information now, good luck ordering!

Lion

Bert,

Here are my measurements as you requested:

Left foot: length 26.5 cm, width 10.0 cm (+- 1mm)

Right foot: length 26.0 cm, width 9.5 cm (+- 1mm)

Length measured with full weight on the foot, back of the heel to a wall. Width also measured with full weight on the foot at the widest point. Measurements were taken at 23:15 (at the end of the day, just after having these boots on for about 9 hours).

Thanks again for doing this. I measured mine too now, and I'm a full cm larger than you in both directions. 27.5 cm long and 11 cm wide. I used a pencil and a piece of paper on a coffee table to measure mine. The reasults were quite re-producable.

I went to the city today and visited some shops around. I couldn't find this specific model from Bronx, but there was another model, unbranded, but looked quite similar. I tried the 41 and, how do I put it, I could get in them but they were VERY tight. I don't think they ever would get comfortable.

But they looked so great... 189 EUR for awesome boots that don't fit, would that be a wise investment?

I'm going to be in Europe again at the end of december (until the 26th). When does the sales period start in Holland? I could go take a peek in Maastricht then... I'm sure they have them there.

Thanks again!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice boots lion! I think my GF has the same Bronx boots but in calf length version. I really had to keep me from buying the same pair when we were at the Tango store where she bought them. :( (I'm saving up for our trip to Paris at the end of the year, there must be tons of nice boots to buy there I guess. :lol:) For Bert: I know for sure that Sacha's (the one in "de Grote Staat") in Maastricht has the calf length version of the black Bronx boots. They are 119 euro's if memory serves me right.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler