European Shoe Widths?

mskim61

The shoe styles coming out of Europe are just amazing. Weitzman,Lorenzi and many of the couture designors are creating some amazing shoes. The problem that I have run into numerous times is the width that they have selected as their default setting. Do European ladies really have much narrower feet than the rest of the world or is it soley based on aesthetics? I find that I have to increase by 2 sizes when I order any of these shoes and even then the fit is not perfect. Considering what one has to pay for designer shoes, it does become frustrating.

Oh yeah, aesthetics is really important here in Europe! Anyway, width changes a lot between manufacturers and even between shoes of the same manufacturers. Some models are wider than others, greatly varying. I'm not familiar with the US shoe size system, so I can't confirm the 2 size gap between EU and US, but would love to hear experiences from the other members here. Again, what I can confirm is the great variability. HTH

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that Europe is less uniform than the USA.

The Italian shoes are rather narrow. In Germany the shoes are wider.

My wife has rather wide feet and always had to buy one or two sizes larger

than her real size. Then we visited Germany and in Berlin she could buy her

own size without problems. It was just standard.

In Spain we found a shoe brand which are rather wide (http://www.pikolinos.com)

but in the same shop they had Spanish shoes that were much narrower.

I was also told that in Japan the shoes are very wide.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.