Rear of boots folding down

shyguy

I hope someone has some ideas for this problem. The knee high boots I got from ebay have been stored badly, and when I got them the support behind the ankle was soft. It means when I put them on the bit of whatever it is between the inner lining and outer leather creases and makes one boot uncomfortable. Sorry for gettin over technical there :smile: but does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this bit from being pushed down as I put them on? I guess a shoe horn may help, but I'm looking for something more permanent.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

This has happened because the previous owner put them on without a boot horn and has taken them off by placing their instep of one foot behind the other to force them off. A lesson to us all. There is no real fix for this that I can think of other than stuffing them out and ironing them in a hope of reactivating the glue holding the stiffener in place. Do not do this if they are plastic.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get a small tipped superglue tube between the rear and the flappy bit which was folding and squirt in some glue. I held it pushed outwards and it seems to have stuck ok, and I can wear the boots now.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly