Snow in New England USA!!!

I was taking my time getting out of bed and when I did, walking through the house I caught a glimpse through an out side window. What!!?? Huuuuugh!!! whip lash…Snow? Daaaaaaang!!:smile: I don't know about the rest of the members on this board who are from New England U.S. But I lived on the Seacoast of New Hampshire and I as far as I can remember I never seen snow this early!! :grin: Any way my GF left her camera here and I took some pictures. The leafs around here just started turning color. I got some pictures with some maples trees that has colors of yellow, red, and green, covered with what looks like a .5" of snow. I wished I had woken up earlier. It was warming up out side and the snow was melting pretty fast but I managed to get a few shots. When I get the film developed I will put them up for others to see.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Same thing here. In the first week of september it was still +25C here (77F) but two weeks ago we got snow here too. A week later the mercury hit -15C (5F). Great. Usually we are spared from this until late november or december. Perhaps it's over quicker now it starts this early. Maybe not. But in january my wife and I will come to Miami to de-frost :smile: Bert

What's all the fuss about?

You people have it easy. In Alberta, you can have snow in any month of the year, and it has happened. It has snowed a few times already in October, the leaves are pretty much gone from the trees, and winter is here. Sure, next week it could feel like summer again. The bottom line - You have it easy!

You people have it easy.

In Alberta, you can have snow in any month of the year, and it has happened. It has snowed a few times already in October, the leaves are pretty much gone from the trees, and winter is here. Sure, next week it could feel like summer again.

The bottom line - You have it easy!

Do I hear a little bit of jealousy here? :smile: Hay... to day it was blue skies, 45F degrees here and I was working on my tan. :grin:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 1 month later...

Guest asked: -And got my answers... :-) May I ask how hard is to walk with high heels in streets full of snow? Just as horrible as when walking flat-footed... And what happens when snow solidifies and changes to ice? -Have you heard about studded car tires? Stilettoes will bring you a similar benefit when avoiding slippage. Anybody dares to do it? Yes I do. I have not within my powers to will the cold and snow away, so I have to live with it (-Somebody please fill in the postmans "ode/verse" here (...? -Come snow, come hail...??) for me) and I must say that I feel safer wearing HH's than flats on ice as I get a better grip. Are boots good for this purpose? Boots are good as they prevent snow to reach your leg until it is so deep that the depth exceeds the length of your shafts, while shoes will cause your socks/stockings to become soggy after a few steps in the snow. Boots also helps you prevent spraining your ankles as they (at least somewhat) support the crossover between the foot and the lower leg, so a stumble is less risky in this case. Merry Christmas (in a few days, at least) TallSwede