Hello from the Bay Area

Hi all from the coastline of San Pablo bay, as the crow flies it's around 20 miles from San Francisco.

Having been a strictly non high heel lady for the last twenty years (except on special occasions) my wife recently rediscovered the aesthetic magic that they can bestow upon the wearer.

For many years she was a ballet dancer, but quit that scene during her late 20's, she spent the next 10 years rejuvenating all of the damage done during that time. She lived in sensible (read as ugly) shoes interspersed with the occasional cute pair of ballet flats (ok, they maybe flats but compared to clogs etc. I'll take them any day). To supplement the lack of heel height she was amicable to wear shoes that were low cut, by that I mean shoes that tended to show off toe cleavage.

Meanwhile I had been buying the occasional pair of heels for her from ebay and the like on the off chance that some situation would arise whereby she'd actually wear them. Plus, since she's the lounge wear queen she also greatly appreciates vintage high heel 40's-50's style boudoir slippers, she has quite a collection of these now on display in her closet.

Anyhow, recently she agreed to allow me to take some shoe/leg related pictures since she knows I find her very attractive in shoes she rarely wears, she however was not convinced, that was until she saw how they turned out. Now I think she sees herself somewhat in a different light.

We posted some of them on a photo site and had a lot responses, nothing like that to boost ones ego, flattery from afar, and that is kind of how it started. Over time we started to mix low heels with high heels, now we are about 50-50. I think that some of our pictures go somewhat under appreciated due to the general audience, she has a few pairs of quite unique heels, not your normal fare.

So this is why I signed up here, hoping that at least in this neck of the woods we could offer something a bit different for you all to enjoy. I would have put something in the gallery here but it seems to be not that well used, does it get purged ?.

Our flickr page can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/79911209@N00/

If I can get the inline html to work then there should be some images below, if not then follow the links and take a look around, there is a huge number I've still to upload.

All the best,

t&c

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2036/2044347411_e1cdef4574.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2303/2043500989_dc89cf9c05.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2403/2042645904_18588c7c4b.jpg?v=0

I just got to know your sources, especially for the first low-cut pumps and the first two pairs of ballet flats.Your lady's feet are in great condition for someone who has been heavily into ballet and she shows them well in her choices for footwear. Thank you both for sharing.

I just got to know your sources, especially for the first low-cut pumps

First low cut pumps = the red ones ? (picture IMG_2846), if so then they were a purchase made on ebay maybe four years or so ago. They used to have two fairly wide crisscross straps that went across the front (so kind of hiding the toe area), all we did was remove them.

the first two pairs of ballet flats

Not sure if I have got this right, but counting from the initial flickr start page the first pair of ballet flats (snake print, Joan and David, picture IMG_2899) are from Saks, bought about five years ago. The second (metallic pink, Irregular Choice, picture DVC00949) were bought from Nordstroms two years ago.

Your lady's feet are in great condition for someone who has been heavily into ballet and she shows them well in her choices for footwear. Thank you both for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment, they recovered due to her 'putting them back together' for ten years and wearing sensible shoes, luckily she did not have to have surgery or anything like that. These days the only pointe work she does is of an erotic nature.

t&c

There is some serious toe cleavage there!!!

:smile:

You're right, especially the red shoes, the pink one's kind of look the same.

I really should have taken some pictures when she's standing up or walking, i.e. bearing weight, then they're a little less of a parody to the genre. Still insanely low cut however, but not to the point where even walking seems unviable.

I'll add that as a to do for the next bunch.

t&c

Ever think about getting her a pair of ballet heels? Obviously she has very strong , flexible, and healthy feet. Very nice pics.

Thanks for the compliment.

Thought about it ?, yes, trouble is it's a very touchy subject, at least with this bunhead.

Dancers have a kind of hard to grasp relationship with their pointe shoes and what they do in them, but I don't mean it like someone just obsessed with shoes, it's more like religion. They're married and fused to them forever, and anything that tries to come between that relationship is essentially blasphemy.

I always thought that ballerinas could dance on their toes because of the shoes they wore, but that's not so (or at least it used to be not so). My wife's old enough to have come from an era when if you couldn't stand on your toes and look almost perfect in soft ballet shoes then you weren't ready to go on pointe, so the idea of wearing anything that in any way supports the foot just won't fly with the years of practice put in.

You should see what she does with new pointe shoes, they start off hard and you'd think well suited to their purpose, plus they're pristine pinkness is heart melting. But by the time she comes back in from the garage you'd wonder why she ever bought them in the first place, if she's lucky they might just hold together for an hour or two before cracking in half.

Maybe she'll mellow a bit with age, after all, she's wearing heels more than once a year now. Perhaps a more subtle approach would be the place to start, like a real pointe shoe with a heel.

t&c