The Power of HEELS

LailaLily

THIS WAS FROM AN EMAIL I GOT OFF THIS SITE..PRETTY COOL SITE, IF U HAVE TIME..U SHOULD LOOK THROUGH IT:w00t2:

http://users.powernet.co.uk/wingett/index.html

High heels change the presentation of a woman's entire body: The calves become more delineated and therefore sexier; the body's center of gravity is changed, and thus the hips are thrust into a sexy position, as well, the breasts are forced to jut out slightly. In addition, women, knowing they present an erotic picture, array themselves with more confidence and grace.

The required walking pattern changes, because she must take a more mincing step. The whole shoe itself exhibits a fetishistic sexuality and displays the foot in its best light, showing the feminine shape of the arch, and pointing the way north, toward further "delights". The heels themselves can be viewed as phallic symbols, the inner part of the fronts symbols of penetrative entry.

Then there is the material used for the shoe: soft, hard, breathing, silky, shiny, lacy and on and on: all parts of a woman's body or image. Then there is the toe "cleavage", which brings to mind breast cleavage.

The type of shoe also changes the perspective: Ankle straps connote bondage, while sandals allow a peak at painted toenails, representative of the inner parts of a woman's sexual organs and the opportunity for probing. Mules suggest the slapping associated with spanking.

It has been said that a woman's body in spikes emulates her posture during orgasm. I don't know how true that is, but I can see from where to idea came.

"The air up there is not so thin, but rather imbued with the delights of knowing that all those below you envy you."

-------------------Written by one in awe.

You got it right...a stiletto is a very powerful thing. It makes me wonder why so little women realise this and take advantage of its power, not necessarily to seduce and entice, but simply for the garcefulness and beauty of the shoes... In other words, wear them to accentuate the "lady" within...!

An alternative view. Two things From a design point of view, the attraction of a human is the vertical flowing form. The inverted cone. The bits that sticks out at the base distracts from the effect. The higher the heel the shorter the apparent foot. This is why I find pointed toes distracting and ballet heels are the ultimate conclusion to this. The power of heels to me is Talent. Anyone wearing heels who can't walk or manouver with grace (that counts me out) destroys the effect. A true heel wearer demonstrates a physical dexterity and a style that I admire in any dancer, gymnast or even footballer.

So what's all the fuss about?

There isn't a person on this forum, that likes high heels, will disagree with the effects of wearing high heels has for the female form. I have read other accounts that delve more into the symbolism of high heels, according to their styles and types. Still others compare them to human body parts, functions, and etc. Although "One in Awe" touched on a few of these symbols and comparisons, everybody has their own perspectives or opinions concerning the power or phenomenal effects of HEELS on many humans. Now down to earth, heels are part of the footwear selections available on today's market. Like other footwear, their purpose is to provide protection for the feet of the wearer. If they are pleasing to the eye, are fitting properly, and are used for an activity their design will bear, the wearer will enjoy having them on. If they don't have any or part of these three qualities, the wearer will have to tollerate their use or take them off. A lot of the time, pleasing to the eye wins over the other two, because we humans have a streak of vanity or a greater desire for style in our personalities than for the fit or function of our footwear. High heels have only the utilization to raise the heel higher than the toes if they are used properly. It's the observer and/or the wearer that endows the high heel with the power it seems to have. To some it may be the type of shoes or boots, to others it could be the style or shape of the heels, to another it is the texture and/or color of the materials, and to many it is the feeling and a sense of richness in the wearing, or even a combination of any of these has to power to mesmerize and captivate people. They have been known to cause an unsuspecting person to loose their train of thought and instantly focus on the heels location once sighting is acknowledged. Yes, high heels are given the power to attract and by some, to repulse. There is usually no middle area. The reasons why they are disliked varies, but there are some that just don't like them for whatever reason and I'll respect that.