Death of Pavarotti

This one probably won't get much traction around here, but I just had to mention how upset I am over the death of one of the greatest tenors :boxing: in the world. Not only was Luciano Pavarotti a truly accomplished singer, but he was also very personable as well - something rather rare in musical circles. I will truly miss that rich talented voice that has now been silenced by cancer. 8)

In a side-light, I just happened to tune-in to a performance of The Barber of Seville last night (which I normally wouldn't watch) and found it interesting to note that several of the male characters were correctly costumed with cuban or military heels. :unsure: (Figaro was not.)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry to disagree. I really thought he was overblown, and had an alarming tendancy to drift sharpwards. I like my music in tune. I was reminded of this post on hearing him on the Radio France Musique on Sunday morning, they played Orfeo's famous aria in the Gluck. I didn't catch the introduction, but immediately thought what a wooly tenor sound. The end of the piece was more shouting than singing. By then I was interested to know who it was, the announcer said Pavarotti reverentially. I should have guessed was my comment to mrs. f.