Question-Need some advice

thesnowball

The wife and I have been married just over a year now,and has been a great time,she knows that I love to wear heels and sometimes we venture out,goin to the movies,walks at night,supper...and of course,heel shopping... My question is,we are thinking of having a baby,and just wondering when the baby gets older,should we hide the heels and wear them when the baby starts to talk...or should we just go and wear whenever,even when the baby starts to talk and know what are shoes(heels),like the age of 3-4...

I have been wearing heels around my girls since they were born and still do. One is 35 and the other is 25. Didn't hurt them one bit. They even get me gifts of high heel things like wall placs, jewelry box, cell phone stand, posters, t-shirts and the list goes on and on. So I say as long as they're raised with it and all your friends know about it and you don't have a problem with it and raise your children with an open mind, By all means YES keep on heeling!

real men wear heels

Same here, I've always worn heels around my daughter and her friends. However, if your child starts saying things like "Dad, I've got a friend coming round, is there any chance you can wear flats while they're here?" then you should respect your child's request because it'll affect their popularity and social standing at school.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Mine has just turned 4 and I am still unsure what way to do this, for now I am not going for the outlandish heels, more the street heels. its difficult. I dont know quite how to handle it and any advice is difficult to take and use unless the person giving it knows quite a bit about the child and how the family works. My little girl is the first into my wifes 7 inch platforms and we keep on finding them in her room, like she is trying to keep them for herself, so the signs are good, but you only get one chance at this, and I dont want to get things wrong. it is a tough call.

The angels have the phonebox.

hmm,what to do,right now nobody else knows that i am a heel wearer,except for my sister who also has a huge heel liking....she is very open about it...i would like to tell others about my heel wearing,but where should one begin and what kind of reactions should one expect...and how does one explain to others (family and friends) that i am a heel wearer

Cool...i noticed that you both have daughters...and i noticed that women are more open minded about seeing a man in heels...

what was it like when your child or children asked why are you wearing heels for daddy...

The truth, just tell her the truth. Something like " I think mens shoes are ugly and there are more styles to choose from in heels and they're good for my ankles and caves but if it bothers you, I won't wear them around you" Not sure about that last part but something like that. There is really nothing to fear. We always expect the worst and from my experience, the worst has yet to happen so I don't think it ever will. Just be open and honest and above all, be yourself. Your kids might think its cool, you never know. This gives them an outlet to explore fassion to their likeing as it changes and makes it so that you have to keep an open mind to their taste within reason of course. So maby you can use that also. My daughter got a tatoo on her back of a BIG butterfly and was afraid to show me but she knew that her dad wears heels and if daddy wears heels, then I can have a tatoo. When she showed me, she thought I would go off on her but just the oppisite. I told her how cool it was. I said in front of everybody at work, (we work at the same place), " Hey your dad wears heels what can I say, I like it" Just a little example of how I deal with it. Hope this helps.

real men wear heels