High Heel Stores in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area...

hades

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Model Express on West Hastings, near the old Woodwards building. Some selection of "exotic" and boots. Lee, the clerk, is very friendly and understanding. Also, www.draag.com has a good list of links for Vancouver.

Is anyone familiar with them? Would anyone have any recommendations? I'm not talking about shoes available in Walmart or Payless, stuff just a bit more 'exotic'... Thanx!

hades

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few months ago I moved from Ottawa to the Vancouver area. I usually require a size 12 or 12W in women's shoes, and I was often able to find something suitable in one of the Payless stores in Ottawa. I was dismayed to find that Payless (and other shoe stores) in the Vancouver area carry far fewer large size women's shoes than similar stores in Ottawa or Toronto. I suppose that the Vancouver area demographics contain a much higher percentage of Asian women, who, on average, wear smaller sizes, and the demand for larger sizes must be less than it is in Ottawa. I'm not looking for anything exotic, just ordinary boots and sometimes shoes with a medium heel for everyday wear on the street, without raising too many eyebrows. Does anyone know if the shops mentioned in the previous posts carry that kind of thing in my size?

• 11 months later...

Theres an awesome aldo outlet store on robson (i believe...someone currently local might prove me wrong tho) where I bought an awesome (although, unfortunately too small) pair of knee high boots. I have spent many hours walkin downtown vancouver admiring shoe stores and there is plenty of great stuff... -terayon p.s. hey hjt101, thanks again for showin me the above mentioned shops on my trip out there like 2 years ago. hope all's well.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the best shops downtown Vancouver are Hypatia on Richards near Davie street and Model Express has some good thigh Boots, on Hastings. If you're up in the Kelowna area be sure to stop by Wild Kingdom on Lawrence. kim has a selection of shoes and Boots in stock but can get you pretty well anything you want. And as a fellow BC'er, would enjoy hearing from you. david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"