Cheap Ballets v.s. Expensive Ballets

hckyplyr123

I am looking at purchasing my first pair of ballet heels just to get used to the ankle at that angle and position. Am I better of buying a cheap pair off ebay for my first pair to allow the ankle a chance to get used to that position, or purchasing an expensive pair that are better quality?? Also is it better to get a pair of ankle boots for the support or am I ok just getting a pair that lace up the front of the foot like the cheaper pairs offer?? Any suggestions on what pair to buy and what support I would need. Thanks for the responses.

ok I tried two different "brands" right now. one was please/Devious and those were really good and stable and cheaper The ones I bought for more money (+75% of devious' ballets) were not as good when it came to stable soel etc but were fitting better cause the Devious are a bit narrow for me (FOR ME! that is!) So if you just want them as a device to get your ankle accustomed the Devious are the better choice (and I guess those are the ones sold at ebay) my 0.02

There are a couple brands out of Europe that seem to be designing boots that look stable, and more forgiving to your ankle then the devious boots, if you're just starting out. I've never had a problem with breaking the heel off devious boots, but I also try very hard not to put the wrong kind of stress on the heel. Be prepared to keep your calf muscle strong as you need to keep that foot pointed down the whole time, if you bend your ankle while walking you can push the heel into the toe and snap it off. As far as companies that are no longer making boots, The Little Shoe box was quite good for stability, construction, and material. If you find a pair of those jump on them. Qualifetish/Hot peppers look great, and are comfortable to relax in, but are not set up for walking.

(formerly known as "JimC")

All of mine are from Qualifetish/Hot Peppers. I have tried the LSB boots, and they're kind of like cheating to me cuz they are so much easier. I have not tried the Devious boots, but I think I'm going to have to since my ankle ballets are really getting worn and I can't buy new ones :smile: Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

Has anyone sampled the products from the french designer Natacha Marro out of Holloway Road, London yet?

There are several designs of ballet shoes and boots in the collection. The shop is just the other side of the road from where TLSB used to be.

Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone possibly have a used pair of ballets that they are willing to get rid of?? I would need a larger size, women's 14 or 15. I would love to find something cheap to get used to the heel and get my ankles used to them. I do not mind if they are older and worn on the toes because they will be used as mainly a training aid. Thanks again and I would love it if someone would have a pair they are willing to sell and separate from.