Went out first time in tall heels

highheeltrained

I went out last night around 11:30 pm for a walk for the first time wearing my new knee high boots with 5.5 inch heels (nonplatform) and it was alot harder then i thought it would me. I had to walk down the street for a bit that didnt have a sidewalk and was slanted a little. I was doing ok till I must have stepped on a stone or something but my ankle like gave way or something and almost twisted it. From there on i was barly able to walk. I got like a block away down the side walk when i just could do it anymore, it was like my boots were on crooked or something. So i had to take them off and walk back in just my socks. Also it seemed like everyone decided to take their dogs for a walk at the same time. A couple houses I past, some came out with their dogs once I got up to their house as if they were expecting me or something. It was odd and embracing seeing how I couldnt walk good. if I could walk normal then it would have been fine. I was wearing long jeans over my boots so they wernt that visable but you could hear them clicking. I didnt get any comments or anything though. Walking outside on the street and sidewalk was much harder then walking on a smooth surface or carpeted surface.

The first adventure is always the most difficult. Practice helps and you already have the courage and confidence. Don't stop there. By the time the 2008 World Heelmeet rolls around February 16, 2008 in London you will be able to freestyle all over London with us! Hope you'll be joining us. david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

So do many of the members who enjoy the heelmeet in London. We make it a vacation/journey for fun. We live in western Canada and will be there again for sure! There is plenty of time for planning and we will be posting group rate hotel information in the next week that will help make the trip more economical.

cheers,

david

Sadly i live in the US

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Sadly i live in the US

So does Kneehighs, Iloveboots lives in Canada (?), Crotchboots and a number of others who were there last time all live in the US too. We also have members who came from all over Europe...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

That story sounds so familiar. I used to go out late at night to avoid people but there is always a dog walker about. I have some 5.5inch heeled boots which i find difficult to walk in, so i only wear them indoors. 5 inch heels are the tallest i wear outdoors but i really need to get some longer trousers to cover them so i feel less obvious. Keep trying the skyscrappers and one day you and i will get used to it.