strange case from the ebay files

pumpedup

Ok. I bid on a pair of pumps recently, and won them. They are Nine West Freda pumps. According to the seller, they were size 8.5. PERFECT! So i won them, and paid for them. They arrived at my house yesterday. On the familiar blue and silver Nine West shoebox, it says 9.5. I looked at one shoe, and on the bottom, it was printed "9.5M". On the OTHER shoe, it was printed, "8.5M". Both shoes fit like a charm, and are SO comfortable! I emailed the lady, just because she might have gotten the two pairs mixed up, and i wanted to make things right, just in case someone else bid and won a pair of size 9.5 Freda pumps. She didn't reply back yet. Has anyone ever bought a pair of shoes anywhere, and the sizes didn't match up? I don't even feel a difference between the two shoes. They both feel great on my feet, and fit like a charm. The 9.5 doesn't feel any looser than the 8.5. If she says that it's the only pair she has, then i'll just go with it. At any rate, i'll get a pair of beautiful Freda pumps, almost brand new, for about $15.00 cheaper than Macy's sells them for. I do have another pair of Freda, that i bought at Macy's. Those are dark red patent, but still beautiful.

Yup! If you find my post about the boots I recently purchased for $15, you'll find that the main reason I was required to try them on in the store was because one boot was marked a size smaller than the other. Now it's true that my feet are slightly different in size, but not a full size. So I can only conclude that some mfgrs. have some definite problems with their QA/QC programs. This seems to be especially true of Chinese made products. In my case the boots fit me fine, but they are definitely marked as different sizes. However, I've already worn them several times without any problems whatsoever. So if your shoes fit - ignore the markings - they're usually stamped on at the last, anyway. As for the box - well after what I've already seen in several shoe stores, things often get so mixed-up that you can't rely on what the box says, especially at the end of season when the shop may use whatever box is available to put the shoes in.;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Another possibilty is that the factory was making shoes for the US and UK markets at the same time and two pairs got mixed up...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Your post makes perfect sense. The shoes are Nine West, and they are made in China. Kinda Sad, because the original Nine West (They used to go by "9 West") were made in Brazil, which seems a bit more exotic than being made in China. The Leather was thicker, and nicer, for the old time 9 West pumps. That goes to show how times have changed, as more companies are outsourcing from China. Anyway, the seller from ebay contacted me, and offered to take them back and refund my money, but i told her nothin doin, the shoes fit fine! They were probably mismarked. I love them, because they were from a dept. store, as the display model, and many, many women have tried them on. They feel nice and loose! I'm walking on air with those babies on! They are Freda, which is a very beautiful pump, with a super long pointy vamp!

LOL, I don't really know why... the chance of puttin a wrong sticker on to even a wrong printing on is pretty much the same for every single countries! I realize UK have that the most, then it will be US or Canada made's shoes, then all other countries are pretty much the same!