Land of the Giants

Magickman

I have to tell you about my unusual Easter's Eve experiences, of just last evening. This is an absolutely true story. It was like Gulliver's Travels, was what it was. I was magically transported to the land of the Brobdingnagians. Only this was at the Mall of America. It was only yesterday, although it seems now, that this was long ago and far away. The mall was overrun by giants and giantesses. Women over six feet, and men approaching seven feet, were everywhere. There was a shop called "Tall Girls," where the female sales associates were 6'1" or 6'2". Even in my heels, I felt dwarfed, like a Lilliputian at an NBA basketball game. As an added bonus, among the shoe stores I visited, was my stop at Bostonian shoes. They had a sign in the window offering a free shoe shine for any pair of shoes. So I went in and removed my 4" heel, Nine West ankle boots. Sure enough, the salesman , without blinking, gave my high heels a beautiful free shoe shine. Fantastic! But I made my way safely out from this habitat of gargantuans, and over to the nearby veteran's hall, where the single people had gathered to dance. My journey to the Land of the Giants had fatigued me, though, and I was about too tired to dance. Only a little dancing, was all I could handle, as it turned out. My 5 1/2 hours of trooping around the mall, in heels, had worn me out. Then I woke up this morning, and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Had it all been a dream? Where did the Easter Bunny leave my eggs?

Wow! What a time you must have had, Magickman! To see sales people in that store that tall, I bet it made you feel good. Usually when I go into clothing stores of that type, all the sales people are always a lot shorter than me, which in some cases makes me feel a tiny bit awkward........then I realize at times I'm wearing heels, so that accounts for at least part of it. Glad you had a great time at the mall!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

What a story! But the tall gals are out there. I recall when I was working in the Peachtree Tower in downtown Atlanta, many moons ago, that there was a classy restaurant called the Top O Peachtree up on the top floor. Well, they hired a really tall gal as a greeter down in the main lobby. Now let me tell you, in high heels and a tophat & tails, this gal looked to be about 7' tall. So one evening while I was waiting for someone, I struck up a conversation with her. She admitted that she stood about 6'2" in stockings, and with 4" heels and the tophat, she guessed that she really was more than 7' tall.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

My lecturer at college, Elaine Loft was 6'2" tall in stockinged feet- she had size 4 feet too! Bearing in mind her surname, see if you can guess what I called her?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.