Pointy toe stilettos

Magickman

Saturday night, I had a blind date, through craigslist, to meet a woman at the weekly singles dance. I told her I was considering wearing my new pointy toe boots. She urged me to do it. So I did.

We met at the event and danced all evening.

She was a little taken aback, though, when she saw these boots, from Nine West:

http://www.zappos.com/images/728/7283480/1396-340439-d.jpg

I was apprehensive that I would not be able to dance in the thin stiletto heels, but I had no trouble at all.

Unfortunately, I wore the poor woman out, as she was not accustomed to such energetic, aerobic dancing.

My best guess is, that she never before had a date with a man in stiletto high heels.

I'm depressed now :o I've owned a pair of those boots but in black suede since early December, however I've never clapped eyes on them, some 'freinds' were supposed to forward them on as ninewest only ship within the US, but several months later they have yet to forward them on to me ;) how do they size up Magickman? , some other boots that I ordered from 9w in a US12 I have to wear thick socks with to get a good fit. Yours is a great story, any chance of a follow up date with her ? Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

My pointy toe stilettos, Nine West "bhavin" style, are a US women's size nine. That is my usual size in Nine West footwear, as well as most other brands. The fit is quite snug, with the brand new boots, so I had to switch to nylon trouser socks, for comfortable wear. As to the girl, a nursing superviser, she is a New York transplant to Minneapolis, Minnesota, just taking root here. In her last e-mail, she wrote: "Our lfestyles are just so different. I hope you do find the one who really is perfect for you." Such is life.

My pointy toe stilettos, Nine West "bhavin" style, are a US women's size nine.

That is my usual size in Nine West footwear, as well as most other brands.

do you have the faintest idea of just how lucky you are to be able to wear a US9 ;)

Heelium

PS , sorry the date lead nowhere

Yes, it is handy to have a size that is readily available, in most styles, right off the shelf. At shoe sales, I am elbow to elbow with women shoe shoppers, and sit down next to them for trying shoes on. None of the women ever complain, though, that I am an interloper in their territory. At Nine West, I am a regular customer, at the Mall of America store.

Wow I wish I could wear a size that is readily available I would definately pick up a couple of styles at Macy's and Aldo. But with the smallest shoe I can squeeze into an 11 US and only in some styles I like many others here continue to search for the Holy Grail of shoe stores. Seems as though womens feet are getting bigger maybe the designers will start making larger sizes to accomodate those women soon.

At Nine West, I am a regular customer, at the Mall of America store.

Would that be the one in Orlando area?, we are off on our family hols to Orlando in a short while, I'm really looking forward to getting to the ninewest outlet stores in and around that area (they are already set as favourites in my GPS)

Heelium

Mall of America is a very large shopping center, with hundreds of shops, located in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota. One of the largest in North America. Many shoe stores there. I am fortunate that it is only about a twenty minute drive from my home.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I wish I could wear a size that is readily available I would definately pick up a couple of styles at Macy's and Aldo. But with the smallest shoe I can squeeze into an 11 US and only in some styles I like many others here continue to search for the Holy Grail of shoe stores. Seems as though womens feet are getting bigger maybe the designers will start making larger sizes to accomodate those women soon.

A ray of hope, Derf, I'm seeing sizes 11, 12, and even some 13's in shoe shops these days. Grant you, they're still hard to find, but they are out there.;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

well I neep to keep saying this (but I hate doing so ofcourse) is the happy fact that MY foot size is SMALL for a MAN but LARGE for a WOMEN (W-9,M-7) so it has make it so easy to shop for footwear in the WOMENS, not MENS shoes dept (boots or whatever I like)