Hello from a new member

I am really pleased to find this community and wonder why it took me so long. I have a nearly life long fetish for footwear and I'm now in my 60's. I loved noisy heel plates when I was very young and that evolved to steel tipped heels which simply evolved to heels, the higher the better. I purchased from Abelman Trading of Hong Kong in the 70's both direct and through Centurian in Garden Grove CA. Recent purchases have been from Pierrre Silber and Dugan Brothers.

I enjoy looking at heels as well as wearing them. My late wife indulged my fascination with heels. the stilettoes are worn in private or in the company of a lovely pro domme I session with in full crossdressed mode. Pointy toes are another passion. I wear a size 12 men's and haven't found a good shoe or boot yet in a women's heeled design that still could pass for a men's on the street. Perhaps i'll find it here with some searching. Right now my most radical street boot is a snakeskin men's boot by Giorgio Brutini with a 2 1/2 inch heel. I love them with jeans. My boots are are an olive shade. Zappos.com and shoebuy.com both sell them. I'll try to post a link. This is from zappos since they have a better multi view but I bought mine at shoebuy.com http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17119714/c/75718.html

Anyway it's great to find kindred spirits and I hope to learn and also contribute.

Your new friend .

magnellia

Those are a nice style Magnellia. I like the way Zappos display their shoes, and the customer descriptions are very helpful. One strange thing for men's shoes is that they never give the heel height, even when some of them are like these. Welcome to the forums by the way!

Thanks Firefox for the welcome. I agree about the strangeness of men's shoe sites failing to mention heel height. I had some other Cuban heel Brutini boots and could see from the picture that these had a higher heel. I can attest to the fact that they are truly 2 1/2 inches as we measure them. Also they are very comfortable, well made and the price is right. shoebuy has 20% off sales now and then so that's whento buy. I did see a news article that the Cuban heel is coming back into popularity. As far as I'm concerned they always have been in style. I wonder if I can find some Cuban heel sandals for summer?

I haven't seen that many cuban heel sandals on offer. I think the omission of the heel height on mens shoes is somewhat of a sales decision. If they advertise them as heels of a certain height then certain people may not buy them just because of that.