Can you recommend brands that tailor to wider feet?

frank_rizzo

Hello! This is my first post, but unlike other forums, I feel really comfortable here after reading several threads -- everyone is quite friendly and open! I have a question for the ladies: I love heels. My girlfriend also likes heels. However, she has wider than average feet for a girl, so it makes finding heels for her very difficult. I couldn't count the number of pairs that are just sitting in her shoe closet because they are too painful for her to wear. She's tried on many different shoes, but she's always afraid that, even if they feel fine in the store, they will eventually kill her feet and be a total waste. Could anyone reccommend brands of shoes that she should try on? Thanks very much for your help!

Knowing her size would be beneficial, but without that info I'm gonna suggest Cloudwalkers. They're sold at Avenue, which is a plus-sized store. I barely make the cut in their clothing (I'm a waist size 16, trying to get down to a size 12, and their range is 14-32) but their shoes run from sizes 8-13, half sizes in 8 & 9, all shoes at least wide width. You can also find em on ebay - a simple "cloudwalker" or "cloudwalkers" search in the women's shoes category will do the trick.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

You may have some luck there. As I said, they're sizes 8-13... but as with every brand, the shoe can run a bit big or small. Case in point, I just bought some stretch boots in a size 12, and I can NEVER take a 12 in closed shoes. And I tried on a size 13 wedge that felt like an 11. So I'm sure you'll find something in an 8 that feels more 7ish.

Hello!

This is my first post, but unlike other forums, I feel really comfortable here after reading several threads -- everyone is quite friendly and open!

I have a question for the ladies: I love heels. My girlfriend also likes heels. However, she has wider than average feet for a girl, so it makes finding heels for her very difficult. I couldn't count the number of pairs that are just sitting in her shoe closet because they are too painful for her to wear.

She's tried on many different shoes, but she's always afraid that, even if they feel fine in the store, they will eventually kill her feet and be a total waste.

Could anyone reccommend brands of shoes that she should try on?

Thanks very much for your help!

I see that you are in Canada - so some of my recommendations may be awkward to obtain.

I have broad feet too - and take UK Size 5 (US Size eight) - and find that many of the shoes carried by High Street stores in the UK - made in China and Italy - are too narrow.

As a 'rule of thumb' - I buy shoes made in Brazil and Spain - Yugoslavia and Thailand. SOME China shoes are OK - as are SOME Italian shoes. USA fittings are in the main too narrow for me.

Some Brands you may like to keep an eye out for are: 'Blu', 'Schu', Cassandra, Nine West, Morgan de Toi, Micheal Antonio, Pied a Terre, Faith/Solo, Bronx, Miss Chelsea, Red or Dead, El Dantes, Pambo and Steve Madden.

Plus of course - there are several online stores to look at - 'Zappos' have a huge range - and try www.brazilianorchid.com.br - www.fuss-schuhe.de - and www.italianheels.com

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hi Frank,

Same situation here, my wife has wider than normal feet and it's hard to find some cool high heels for her which actually fit - not for 5 minute use only.

We ordered now some heels at www.shoesusa.com, this is the first website I found where you can choose a custom option of "narrow", "normal" or "wide" when ordering your favourite style of heels. We ordered them in her normal size 8, but with the "wide" option. They are on their way down to Ecuador at the moment, I will update this with first-hand news when they arrive. Hope this helps,

Greetings from Ecuador,

Oli

Holy smokes! Thanks so much for all the suggestions! Danielinheels, I'll be sure to see if there are any retailers here that carry Cloudwalkers. I've mentioned this brand to my girlfriend already and she's excited to try some on! Pussyinboots, your recommendations, especially the country-of-origin ones, are excellent. We'll definitely be keeping a close eye for shoes made in those countries and try them on first. And my girlfriend agrees: shoes made in the US and Italy are typically too narrow for her. But she's so enthralled by the "Italian shoe" syndrome that her closet is full of beautiful, Italian pain. ;) oli_in_ecuador: please update this thread with the results of the shoes that you and your wife had ordered. I'm interested to see if this is another viable solution! Thanks again for your input, everyone. We totally appreciate it! ~f

I'm gonna (probably incorrectly) assume you're in Windsor. If you are, just take the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel onto this side, there are five locations that I immediately found in the Detroit area.

• 1 month later...

Okay, better late than never: Short update about the "shoesusa.com" order. The shoes arrived in perfect condition down here in Ecuador (was just quite expensive to clear them in customs here - but hey, other story :-) and my wife loved them. They are wider than normal shoes and we ordered them with a thick, soft insole for wear comfort. She did use them already a few times and was happy about the improved wearing comfort. Hope this info helps :-) Greetings from Ecuador, Oli