this'll get a reaction!!

thedesigner

I regularly wear heels as part of my daily look. I dress in full on current high street male fashion (exc jeans size 10)and everything looks co-ordinated. I personally feel heels over 5" are fetish only and on gents (and women) give the wrong impression and can be a turn off to women. Me and my lady are cd/tv/ts friendly (she loves the company of gay men as well as being stunning herself) but i personally wish cds/tvs/ts's would dress in current fashion. Ive seen some beautiful cds/tvs/ts's but a good number look a parody of female fashion - leading the public as part of it to regard heels as fetish not mainstream. Women wear suits with confidence, so wear heels with confidence and style; men are now wearing cosmetics as mainstream, jeans are unisex, so gents shoe makers need to wake up to the opportunity. Bet i'll get some replies to this!!

simply because if it became mainstream, there would be no need for anyone to worry "should i wear my heels to go out" - i know some of us wear heelsout with confidence, there will beplenty others who are worried about doing so...

...probably not because it's been done so many times before! ;)

well ive only jst joined the site so havent seen similar messages, jst my obersvations, like carry it off with style, dont be nervous bout it!

Hi again, Designer, The topic you broach has been pretty thoroughly thrashed out by several different people before. So unless you've got something really new and spectacular to add, it's probably going to be pretty much "old shoe" around here. ;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

i agree with the designer though i never got a kick out of wearing heels cos they were 'womens' and cant say i get my fun knowing theyre not mens and cant say i do it so everyone points and says look a that man in high heels isnt that so different. it would be nice if all the now labelled 'womens' styles were available in a mens shoe shop so theyre was noworry of hearing 'hes wearing womens shoes' anymore. no going into a female shoe shop to buy shoes for myself and worry what people think. i am aware that is part of the fun for some people. they like to wear heels boldly and loudly to get a kick out of people pointing and noticing, but for me id be just happy if it was treat as a normally expected thing for a bloke to do, and if my stiletto heels were bought from say Burtons instead of Faith, i cant say it would spoil my fun. It would add to it as there are more occasions i would wear heels as an everyday thing instead of selectively at the moment. nl

Hi nl If what you're saying is that you basically want to be able to wear stiletto boots then I agree with you. I had something akin to Cuban heels in mind, which aren't my thing. Although if everyone was doing it I think some of the fun would go, I like doing something a bit different. Chris

i agree with the designer though

i never got a kick out of wearing heels cos they were 'womens' and cant say i get my fun knowing theyre not mens and cant say i do it so everyone points and says look a that man in high heels isnt that so different.

it would be nice if all the now labelled 'womens' styles were available in a mens shoe shop so theyre was noworry of hearing 'hes wearing womens shoes' anymore. no going into a female shoe shop to buy shoes for myself and worry what people think.

i am aware that is part of the fun for some people. they like to wear heels boldly and loudly to get a kick out of people pointing and noticing, but for me id be just happy if it was treat as a normally expected thing for a bloke to do, and if my stiletto heels were bought from say Burtons instead of Faith, i cant say it would spoil my fun. It would add to it as there are more occasions i would wear heels as an everyday thing instead of selectively at the moment.

nl

thanx 4 your support, i like wearing heels for comfort and look (it feels strange wearing flat shoes after), and it would be nice for people to have a big choice in larger sizes and make heel wearing mainstream - those who want to do really big heels can njoy it as much as those like me who stop at 5". See my new thread jst gonna write it now!