Evans sizing and Fit

Thighboots2

This is aimed at the UK members. Evans sell their shoes & boots under the brand Essence. I am an EU43.5 yet I find the Evans EU43, too big, more like an EU44 or EU45 even. What are your experiences with Evans/Essence footwear sizing? TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I too find they run large. Euro 42/43, UK8/8.5, my normal size, are usually close fitting unless bought as wide fit, in Evans(essence) tend to be looser. ps. the staff in Cardiff, Newport, Cwmbran and Abergavenny are happy to let men try on footwear AND clothing.

totter along into history

I've not bought any clothes, but Stockport and the Trafford Centre branch are also fine with guys trying on shoes. One of the assistants in the Stockport store said that they got quite a few guys buying for themselves, and that it was shop policy that customers were treated equally. Chris

Yes, they *mostly* run large. I'm generally a UK 10/11, and I find an Evans 10 is often too large for me. That said, I got one pair last year (mail-order) that claimed to be an Evans 10 but were closer to a UK 9 (and, on reading the size label, that would have been a better translation). The moral of the story? Go to the shop and try 'em. The staff are fine with it (they were mildly amused at the banter last time I went with my wife and we traded opinions of the "suits you / no it doesn't" kind) and you'll get a better fit. Store staff have seen it all before.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.