ballets

ChipsHH

Golly! I've yet to even try on ballets, but how hard are they to walk in? It seems though that ankles and knee highs aren't that hard, yet the pressure on toes are still a prob. Fill me in please.

Formally "HHDude"

It's all down to a few simple points. Firstly you need to get the correct size of footwear. You need to have your toe nails cut short so that they don't hurt. Then you need to get some padding in the toe box. Lace yourself in firmly, but not overtight. Then it all depends on how good your balance is, and whether you are practicised at wearing very high heels. If you can, you should be able to get up and walk. It is a lot like walking in stilts. Preparation is the key, after that it is enjoy the fun, BB2000

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

Now, has anyone tried them without the toe padding or is it even possible? Of course, I'll try em once without the padding and see how it goes and how they feel, but is it possible?

Formally "HHDude"

There is no physical system that will prevent you from wearing ballet heels without padding, so it is possible. I tried it once, that was the time between my ballets heel arrive and the time I get myself the ballet gel inserts. I manage to stand for 2 sec and walk 1 step before I gave way to the pain. So yes, it is possible and no, you don't really want to try that Another remake about multi-gel padding...if you intended to put many gal padding, then you need a bigger shoe size becasue these padding are thick. Try to put too much padding into a tight fit will end up more pressure is exterted to your toe by the padding than the pressure they distributed (i.e. they make it more painful)

I found that, after experiments, that it was more comfortable to have the wool type toe pads in the bottom of the boot and then fit the gel types on your toes. Lace your boots well and let the rest of your foot take most of the strain or you can still create some pain when you've been standing or walking for some time. ps. I'm still practising and still can't get my legs straight. Never mind, I'll enjoy the practise :wink:

Ah. I gotcha fully. Gel toe pads - gotcha. Oh yeah. Which should I start with: regular ballet heels or ankle/knee highs? I've been browsing, and it seems ankle/knee highs are dominant choices of ballet heel picks. And Francis, good luck with ur practising :wink:

Formally "HHDude"

I have yet to try out the boots but my guess is that boot is better... My first ballet is a Devious Mary Jane style, and it don't offer a lot of support. I looks good but you can count on all your weight will be on your toes. Also, you must have a strong ankle too becuase it offer no support there. You might find yourself twisting and falling if you are not careful. Since I never tried the boots before, I can't tell you how much better it would be but I think boot not only offer support to your ankle but also help distrubuting some of the load away from your toes. I don't think there would be much difference between ankle or knee in terms of support but I think you would spend a lot more time lacing yourself into a knee length than ankle.

balletboot2000 is correct ankle high or knee highs will give you the best support as unless you have done extensive training in ballet beforehand it's likely your ankles aren't as strong as is needed for the shoe type ballets. believe me when I say that it was more than painful the first time I tried the shoe type. My ankles just weren't up to the job, but the ankle or knee types will give you the support you need

Sweet! I'll try em all if I have to personally. I can take the challenge of these heights, then I'll go to one of those [yearly?] World Meets probably wearing either those (after much practice, of course) or one of my other choices :wink:

Formally "HHDude"