Problem with "capsizing" of boots

Robert

http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=36510_B5112_122_353lo.jpg

I've bought myself a new pair of kneeboots with a pointed toe and a (not exactly) stiletto heel of 3 1/4 inch. They fit my size 44 very well, even the shaft is not too wide and not too tight.

But this is the problem: when I stand in them, they feel like if the boots want to "capsize" to the outside. I had this also with another pair of boots with a somewhat wider heel of 4 1/2 inch which I brought back to the store and they attached some kind of a wedge with the thickest part (about 4 mm) under the outside of the shoepart where my little toe is. I can now walk very well in them.

But with these new boots the effect is very annoying, because I find it very tiring to walk and then be very aware to place my feet upright.

It could also be that the shape of the shoepart is designed for a more curved foot than I have.

What can I do about this? Do I have to take them back to the store and tell them to do the same as with my other boots or can I do something with socks, inserts or do I have to change my walk and learn to live with this?

Robert

If you can, have someone watch you as you walk away from them -- or get creative with a video camera. Watch your heels as you walk in these boots -- they are probably leaning to the outside. That is not proper, your heels should be vertical as you walk. It does sound as if this is a characteristic of your stride because you have had this happen before, although with a slightly different style. The wedge add-ons might help. Is there a chance that you are trying to turn your toes inward? -- this can cause a lean toward the outside. I have seen women do this too -- one that sticks in my mind did it so much that she had worn her heel tips at an angle. She was an interesting one to follow :-) .

Have a happy time!

The heels have been attached wrong or you have a wonky foot. If you put the boot on a level surface you should see if the heel's on right. Do you find that your shoes seem to wear more more on the inside of the heel?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thank you Jmc for your answer. In my early youth I had the habit of walking with my toes inward. But that's a lot of years ago. I'm 50 now and am walking fairly normal. On all my other heels I can walk very well, except these boots (The other boots are corrected the way I described).

The heels have been attached wrong or you have a wonky foot. If you put the boot on a level surface you should see if the heel's on right. Do you find that your shoes seem to wear more more on the inside of the heel?

Dr. Shoe, I've put the boots on the table and the heels are vertical if I hold the shaft loosely in my hand. All my shoes (read heels) are more worn on the outside like everyone else, I think this is not the cause. Left over if I have a wonky foot; when I first started with walking in high heel shoes, I leaned extremely to the outside. But that was in a time I wanted to walk in very high heel shoes of 5 inch. I decided I couldn't walk in such shoes and know that my limit was 4 inch and 3 inch which I have on most of my shoes I can walk for miles. For me it seems that the toebox (which is pointy) have such a shape that the foot (I have wide feet) is forced to have a relaxed position so that the center of the rear of the foot (the heel) is somewhat on the outside above the center of the heel of the boot. Maybe I have to place something on the outside of my feet to bring the centers above each other.

Dr. Shoe, thank you for your answer.

Robert

In that case I'd say that the boot is slightly too small and your foot is being forced into a slight "toe inward" posture. You can correct this by putting a wedge under the heel with the thicker part outward.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

In that case I'd say that the boot is slightly too small and your foot is being forced into a slight "toe inward" posture. You can correct this by putting a wedge under the heel with the thicker part outward.

I will take contact with the shoeshop to do that. Thank you very much Dr. Shoe.