Finally - wedge heel boots found in size 12

seattleshoes

I had basically given up on finding wedge boots in a size 12 that I could wear under jeans and would not attract undue attention, but would also have a decent-size heel.

Found these little babies at Nordstrom, 3" heel, low-rise boot. At $240, this is the most I've ever paid for shoes, whether male or female, but I'm getting a bonus this Christmas, and sometimes you just have to do these things.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2900541/0~2376778~2372808~6004875?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6004875&P=1

If for some reason the link doesn't work, go to Nordstrom.com and search for "Donald J Pliner 'Isada' Ankle Boot".

Will let you know how they work out when they arrive.

Very nice find, Nordstrom's easy to deal with if you decide you don't like the boots. But from the pairs of D J P boots I've tried out you should be quite happy with what you get. You usually get what you pay for with boots, so these should last you a while. Good Luck! Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

OK - an early review on these boots. They are everything I had hoped they would be. At 3" we're not talking about a big lift, but you definitely feel it. Took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood and noticed that I definitely felt it in my toes, but that might have been a function of my walking style. More later about my experiences.

Joe, no reason to say you're sorry. They aren't particularly pretty, but they are utilitarian in that they solve the problem (for me) of a guy walking around in public with 3" heels on. I like wearing heels for the lift, not to accentuate my outfit. I spent several hours out and about this afternoon in the mall and the grocery store today without a second glance coming my way.

I've never been a fan of wedges, a grim holdover from 1970's fashion, a la the espadrille, but, if that's what you like, then more power to you. I hope you enjoy those boots.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!