Do people even notice your wedge heeled shoes with long pants?

MelyssaTG

As the title says, when you wear wedge heeled pumps, sandals, boots with pants, do people even notice? What do people notice you wearing more, round toed whoes or pointy? I seem to get some stares if I wear something with a pointy toe verses round toe. But thats just me. To me if I wear something round toed with a thin heel, it gets less response than a pointy toe with a thin heel. Although, pointy toes with wedge/chunky heels people dont seem to stare at too much. Hope this makes sense.

I wear chunky heels with round toes, semi-round toes, snip toes, or squared-off toes, seemingly without notice. I have worn flat-backed heels that look broad from the rear and thin from the side with only one notice. People either don't care or don't notice, even with an audible heel clicking sound from your heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I had to make a "panic run" to the local Wal-Mart last night. (In my lexicon, a "panic run" is a quick run to a store to get something you have just discovered you need. They generally take place in the middle of a project and can be the result of a broken tool, running out of something, or a sudden flash of insight.) In this case I needed some grocery items. I went in the same clothing I was wearing around the house, bright fire-engine red sweatpants and a "baja" shirt with bright vertical red, white, navy blue, and hunter-green stripes. I may have been a little more obvious had I been clad in a neon sign but not much! These particular sweatpants do not have the elastic gather at the bottoms of the legs, rather they are hemmed like normal pants. I decided to go "whole-hog" so my shoes were a pair of 4" block heeled platform loafers from Payless a few years back. They are actually quite comfortable and stable under my feet. They should be stable, the heels are huge! The heels and soles are mostly neoprene-type rubber and they feel a little bit "squishy" as I walk -- they absorb a whole lot of shock! These shoes look a lot like the platforms many guys wore back in the 70's. About half the heel was visible. Nobody batted an eyelash.

Have a happy time!

Oh, and to answer your question, the only wedge heels I have are a pair of black sandals with two straps. I've worn them out only on two occasions. Beneath long jeans they look just like men's sandals, although they have a 4" heel.

Like you style I ONLY wear Fine Feminine footwear. Wear Bass and Liz Clairborne loafers to work. Driving in AntonioMelani Flats and wear in any store. Colin Stuart flip flops from Victoria's Secret are great for summer. Have worn most all of my 106 pair out at one time. Just not in 5" HEELS in public! Do not wear HEELS in public as "Southern Boys" ain't suppose to do that! Would love to meet and share stories with another Fine Feminine Footwear Fan!

Well, there's a lot of them here! Heelmet in New York this weekend, too. Perhaps you can make it up there. You'll find it in the Real Life Meetings discussion. Kneehighs does a great job organizing them - I'm sure qutie a few attendees will be there, particularly on that evening!

Like you style I ONLY wear Fine Feminine footwear. Wear Bass and Liz Clairborne loafers to work. Driving in AntonioMelani Flats and wear in any store. Colin Stuart flip flops from Victoria's Secret are great for summer. Have worn most all of my 106 pair out at one time. Just not in 5" HEELS in public! Do not wear HEELS in public as "Southern Boys" ain't suppose to do that! Would love to meet and share stories with another Fine Feminine Footwear Fan!