Dorothy and the Scarecrow

Magickman

My woman and I have been discussing Halloween costumes for the annual round of parties. I suggested we go as Dorothy and the Scarecrow. She said OK, but only if she could be the Scarecrow. Was that uncalled for? And I don't even have ruby slippers.

Sounds like a great time to go do some heeling, and have a little fun while doing it. Heck....I've considered that very costume a few times myself. It's just hard finding red glitter shoes with BOWS on them like Dorothy, but man you can come close! I'd say smile and have fun with it. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I going out tonight dressed as a Pirate. A lady Pirate! I'm going with a lady friend who's as tall as I am, and she's going out as a male pirate. She suggested it when I began kidding her about her never wearing heels. Then, when she discovered I sometimes wore skirts and heels, it was a cinch. I'm not thrilled about fake nails, but she insisted. They're not long, but they're a bit difficult to type with. In fact, I've been wearing the outfit since morning. Pretty simple, really: black leather knee-high boots with tapering four inch heel, black denim mid-calf skirt, one of my friend's bras (ahem!) stuffed with an old jellowy toy of my son's, cut in two, a lace-ruffled shirt I picked up at the thrift store, along with a hat, and a corset/bustier I've had since around 1999, for a different costume. Large belt and buckle (again, my friend's), the nails, and she promised to do the makeup (my least favorite part of the outfit).

I've been having board access issues again, or I'd have posted this a couple days ago... Pirate Night! There was a party in town. A pirate party - everyone had to dress as a pirate. It turns out my friend stinks at makeup, but her roommate said she wanted to give it a try, and she was very good. I hate wearing makeup, but she made everything look very natural, very feminine, and very sexy. I have a naturally high voice (I sing high tenor), so my friend was a bit spooked with the makeup, especially wearing a pair of her roommate's dangle earrings and a sexy wig. The nails weren't bad, but a couple of them hurt, as they were more rounded than my own are. Anyway, I got dressed, which included a waist cincher and fanny/hip pads, which really flared out my black skirt. Then I rolled mascara all over my friend's face to give her a prickly beard. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail, under the hat, and looked manly. Except for her DDs, which were hiding rather poorly beneath a tight Body Armour shirt which in turn was covered by a loose, frilly pirate shirt. The last thing I donned was the waist-nipper corset, and we were off to the party, getting there around dark. It was invitation only, and neither of my friends knew my date, nor did they recognize me, even though I called them both by name and said, "good costume, huh?" They were leery, though, and not letting us in the door, so I said "I work with you. Your boss is X, the secretary is Y, and the main hall copier is still on the fritz which is why we're using the one upstairs. Now may we come in? Please?" He shrugged and said ok, but it was clear that I was a "stranger." The fact that my "date" is the same height as me, and built a bit larger than your average woman (shoulders), really messed with their minds. I think they thought I was really a girl, but they weren't too sure about her. After a couple hours of drinking and socializing, we setttled down to the costume contest, with prizes for best, most original, most unbelievable, and most phasmagorical. Before it began, I asked to say a couple of words, which really quieted the place, as the "stranger" was about to speak. I kept my voice and said, "I've know most of you for more than a year, now. X, how's your son John doing? Is he with Y, your usual babysitter?" I then said, "hey, I know this isn't the normal thing your network administrator would do, but..." (I dropped my voice) "It's the only thing (my name) can do to get a date around here! And thanks be to my friend Z for allowing us to switch roles for an evening. Hope you like our costumes." Lot's of jaw-dropping, disbelief and laughing. One guy asked to see a photo ID, and I showed it to him, along with a couple of credit cards. "Yeah, it's you, all right." I think the most impressed were the ladies, some of whom said things like, "I never would have guessed it was you," and "what are you using for breasts?" and a few other questions including whether or not I did the makeup. Fun, all around!