I've gone over to the dark side!!

MikeyGee1

I'm terribly sorry to report this, but I went out the other day, and bought a pair of flat shoes! They were pointed flats with a buckle details across the toe, but FLAT! They are very pretty, and girly, but FLAT!! I really don't know what came over me. Comfortable they may be. But they ARE FLAT!!! Sorry. Please don't kick me out of the forum! I promise to wear my white 4" heels tomorrow!

So sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities. Did you not spot the humour in my message? No? Shame. If you look around on this board, there are all kinds of discussions about the merits of heels or otherwise. Please try to restrain your ire at the mention of the word 'Flat'! And this site IS wonderful - because the people who use it are (usually) kind, understanding and welcoming to allcomers.

Well......okay....as long as you keep your promise :evil: . There have been a fair number here that are getting into fashionable flats, like ballerina flats, and look darn good in 'em too. It's just another alternative to boring men's footwear. As long as you like 'em, then all the better! It's just like those of us who adore platforms, but that's another whole issue altogether :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Well......okay....as long as you keep your promise :evil: .

There have been a fair number here that are getting into fashionable flats, like ballerina flats, and look darn good in 'em too. It's just another alternative to boring men's footwear. As long as you like 'em, then all the better!

It's just like those of us who adore platforms, but that's another whole issue altogether :-)

Still trying to find a nice pair of "ballerina" flats at the right price and the right style :D

Weeellll, at least you had the honesty and courage to own-up to your indiscression. So we will only prescribe 50 lashes with a wet noodle this time. But warn you I must, that once you start towards the "dark side" it may not be possible to turn back! As one person put it,"Once you go flat, you never come back." Meditate on this matter, you should.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Heeltoe, I broke the 5th metatarsal of my right foot in 1999...The only shoes I could wear until casting were heels!! 3 - 3 1/2" were about fight for the injury but the cast stopped all that QUICK!! After getting the cast removed it was right back to my 5" boots for me :-) And what a relief that was!! But talk about a wobble from h#ll!! I had NOT calf or ankle strength after 4 months of atrophy! Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

i've got a pair of llbean comfort clogs (picture dansko's) coming in the mail. fun shoes don't HAVE to be a certain style/heel height. it'd be a pretty boring world if we all dressed the same! r1g0r (wearing my "slut boots" to work tomorrow!)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

i've got a pair of llbean comfort clogs (picture dansko's) coming in the mail. fun shoes don't HAVE to be a certain style/heel height.

it'd be a pretty boring world if we all dressed the same!

r1g0r (wearing my "slut boots" to work tomorrow!)

r1g0r,

Nothing wrong with a nice pair of clogs. I have an appointment to get a CAT scan tomorrow (I have an ear/jaw ache for 2 weeks now. Said it isn't an infection, so they want to do the CAT scan to see what is going on). Anyway, I've debated wearing my wedge shoes or boots to the CAT scan, but decided it would be less embarrising to wear my clogs (which I have worn with shorts in the summer before). I will bring my wedge shoes in the car though and change before going to work:)

All of us have to assess our individual situations, do what makes us comfortable and happy. If you enjoy flats time to time, by all means, wear them!

Scotty