gendered world?

azraelle

HELP!

Any ideas for a short essay on the following subject??

"Like it or not, we live in a gendered world. To what extent do men and women have the power or ability to create or re-create how gender molds, shapes, and defines them?

How do we promote gender equality (assuming you find this to be desirable), while continuing to emphasize, possibly even celebrate, any necessary and desirable differences between men and women?"

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

We all live in our own worlds. Personally I don't feel the need to either "celebrate" or "equalise" the differences between men and women. So long as every one is given the right to express themselves as they see fit without harming others, I don't see what gender has got to do with a modern society. Other than that of course all genders should be given a level playing field.

• 7 months later...

I don't feel the need to either "celebrate" or "equalise" the differences between men and women. So long as every one is given the right to express themselves as they see fit without harming others, I don't see what gender has got to do with a modern society.

Every day I walk in my town, admire the fancy footwear the women here wear, and think to myself that I wish today was the day when everyone could wear what they want without fear :lol:

I can't comprehend why women can wear everything - women's and mens clothes and footwear, but men can only wear men's :(

HH forever!