Forgetful Pilot

vector

I have removed the post because it had spam in the www link, but reposted it here BB.

Forgetful Pilot...

After an airliner encounters a particularly rough patch of turbulence, the captain comes on the intercom to reassure the passengers that everything is okay and that the flight should be smooth the rest of the way.

He forgets to turn off the intercom, however, and everyone in the passenger cabin hears his subsequent comment to the co-pilot: "Boy, I sure could use a blow job and a cup of coffee right about now!" As a flight attendant frantically rushes up the aisle towards the cockpit to warn the captain that his microphone is open, a waggish passenger calls out after her, "Don't forget the coffee!"

Reminds me of a, possibly true, story of British understatement.

Plane flying over the Mediterranean encounters the remnants of a Saharan dust-storm.

One by one the engines are choked with the dust and fail.

When an eerie silence pervades the aircraft, the captain comes on the intercom to announce,

"By now you will realise that the dust storm we have flown through has stopped the engines. Let me assure you that we are trying very hard to restart them !"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that this was done by diving down to clearer air and blowing the sand out before the sea washed it out.

Xa