New boots

Dexter23

The sole is thin, but that's no problem, These new boots don't bend at all when I walk. Yasterday on saturday night I wore them when going out, that was not to bright probaly, I normaly wear a good 2.5" heel and these are a full 4". I undersetamated the hight a bit. 2 of my friends came to pick me up and we where going to meet up with several others. Fortunatly there was nothing to do in town and after about 2 hours we went to my place to watch some video. Thank god for that, I probaly souldnt wear those heels for a longer time until I train some more in them. Maybe i can wear them when going to visit some frineds at home, than I won't have to stand and walk in thme so mutch. After yesterday I am shure I must be able to walk in those shoes, it's just great. _________________ Heels rule forever... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dexter23 on 2002-06-16 12:04 ]</font>

If they're leather, get a shoe shop to stretch the toe box, then buy a pair of Spenco brand insoles, cut only a piece to comfortably pad the ball of your foot, and then try walking in them. Spenco's have been around since the mid-70's, were made with a patented then-new process of injecting nitrogen into the foam under extreme pressure, and have the added benefit of NEVER developing flat spots, as is common with ordinary foam rubber. They are only about 3/16" thick, BTW. A Podiatrist recommended them to me when I was "trying out" for the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps in college to help counter the problems I was having from my severely over-pronating flat feet while running. I have tried other, "newer tech" pads, but none of them are as comfortable as Spenco's. They do cost a lot though, but are worth it.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

mmmmm thanx for the advice. :smile: The with of the shaft of the boot is getting bigger a bit with each time I wear them they fit better. The Spenco soles i stil have to get somewhere, than I can realy wear them a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought these last week, never had summer boots before but I had to follow the trend. More details on my website under BK14 boots on the knee high boots picture page.

Posted Image

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Nice boots Luc.. :grin: Been thinking about a pair of jeans-look boots myself lately.. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Yesterday I couldn't resist the temptation and bought these....

Posted Image

http://62.223.244.101/silhouette/html/nederlands/modelinformatie.asp?art=2418-10-5#

Now I feel the difference between bad and wel made shoes. like the ones I bought from Jeff wern't that good (sorry Jeff). These are a lot more expencive but well worth the money, I already can walk and stand mutch longer these new ones than in the other ones.

Ofcourse Dexter, that's the difference between full leather upper and lining boots and man made materials. I can't blame you for appreciating quality. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Both nice boots, Dexter & Luc. Luc: you are lucky that you can wear these styles, I have never been able to fit in a pointy-toed 41, and that's what all those denim boots look like. They are great, I envy you... Dexter: indeed, quality pays. But if you are like me you first have to buy 20 crappy pairs just to be really sure :smile: Nowadays I don't even look at a pair any more if they are not made of leather and <50 EUR. You just keep them in their box anyway... Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Hi Bert, as you could read on my site these boots have a compromise between a square and pointy toe. I have about 2cm of room till the square ends and there is sufficient vertical space for my toes. I just still have some problems with my high upper arches and don't think you could close the zipper on this model with your larger feet. Apity because at 40 Euro in the sale and not having pointy toes they were a real find. Keep looking and enjoy your boots, cu, Highluc.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence