Whats Your definetion of high heels?

larry

Well, that poll on the For Everyone forum is not really a poll about minimum heel height. It seems to me that they're more concerned with trig and math and the notion of standard proportion over there. :evil: The main problem is that no shoe manufacturer I know of measures their shoes that way. In the world where I live, both shoes and heels are either measured in inches or centimeters. I suppose we could go to cubits or fingers, or something else, but I don't know of anyone using those standards today. :D Based upon what I've seen here, it seems like the minimum heel height is generally agreed to be about 3" or around 7 cm.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, that poll on the For Everyone forum is not really a poll about minimum heel height. It seems to me that they're more concerned with trig and math and the notion of standard proportion over there. :evil: The main problem is that no shoe manufacturer I know of measures their shoes that way. In the world where I live, both shoes and heels are either measured in inches or centimeters. I suppose we could go to cubits or fingers, or something else, but I don't know of anyone using those standards today. :D

Based upon what I've seen here, it seems like the minimum heel height is generally agreed to be about 3" or around 7 cm.

Another poll, here: http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=7707

And this one has nothing to do with math and trig, but simply how large women's feet have actually grown, and how correspondingly narrow-minded manufacturers' minds have growth, in stark raving contrast to the evidence before them.

Why shouldn't we enjoy the same styles in larger sizes?

Why shouldn't we enjoy the same variety of higher heels in our size?

I always thought that a heel height, measured at the back, of 2/3 the length of the shoe from heel to toe, measured along the ground, made an attractive proportion. That's pretty high, I know.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think any shoe with at least 3" and up would be a highheel. Except may a chunky clog. I read a lot on this site about wearing and heeling in cowboy boots. I guess if anyone thinks that cowboy boots are heels then thats ok. Here in Texas most everybody wears cowboy boots with at least a 2" heel. What I'm wondering is what is concidered fiminine in a cowboy boot? I'm in no way being rude about this. just wondering.

t-straps are my favorite style.