I started because

dormouse

Don't know really - always fascinated by boots never by stillettos. About 8 years ago while waiting for my wife in Evans I noticed size 10 boots. It came to a head a couple of years ago. I could not find any boots I liked, also I was suffering with ankle pain from a not very good tendon which had snapped a couple of years previously. Then finally I could not find any jeans short enough. Read somewhere that HHs can help joint pain, so I thought stuff it and got some 3" heel boots, they were OK but not good fitters, I then took a gamble and got some off Ebay which were perfect. My ankle was better, my jeans didn't need turning up and the height was great. Basically carried on from there!

nice story - heels have helped others with back and ankle pains. I'm not much into boots, I prefer pumps more. I'm from Louisiana, and we might have "boot weather" for 3, mabe 4 months on a year, whereas pumps can be worn year-round

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate. I have notoriously weak ankles anyway, and over the years I've found boots to be far more supportive and comfortable than low-quarter shoes. Sometimes my ankles will start to swell for no aparent reason, but if I grab my boots right away I can usually head-off some misery.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I had been struggling with lower back pain for years and had tried all sorts of exercises etc. A couple of years ago while surfing the net I read a few posts indicating that high heels could help. I had always been fascinated by highheels ever since I can remember and had dreamed about being able to wear them but thought that I would be ridiculed (because I am a guy). So anyway about a year ago I decided to take the plung and by some heels to see if it helped my back. So after looking for a couple of months I finally bought some boots with a 3.5in chuncky heel. Then I extented a couple of pairs pants so the heel wasn't really visible. The heels instantly provided relief in my back and after now wearing them most days for close to a year most people have not even noticed. My biggest challenge was my wife... she was very uspet initially and thought that everyone would think I was gay etc. It has only been on the last few months that she seems to have gotten over it and hasn't made any negative comments.

Lower back problems have reached epidemic proportions here in the US. I'll bet that high heels could fix more then half of them. Doesn't it make more sense to make the shoe companies richer rather than the drug companies and hospitals?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.