Madonna's lace-up over-the-knee boots: anything known?

balacau

http://www.bootluv-cbg.com/m_z/m/madonna/madonna07.html

There don't seem to be many good pics out there of these fascinating looking boots, or of Madonna herself in them!

I have always been partial to chunky heels rather than stilleto's and these boots look amazing but does anyone know who made them, or perhaps where they were bought? I have heard that Madonna has had custom boots made before, although cost would be no object in this case!

Any info would be most appreciated!

Thanks

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

I don't suppose you remember what make they were or anything? Strange how fashions kind of "recycle" aint it? :roll:

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

I suspect that they are Western Ranch.

She acquired them at the same time I bought my first pair, and I remarked to myself how similar they looked.

Unfortunately, IMHO, Western Ranch have 'had problems', the last pairs I bought being a total foulup.

To be honest, the last pair of kneehighs which I ordered prompted the comment in the 'Shops' section that they owed me £400 is now not true. The new incarnation of WR Boots did eventually ship them, but they were 3 sizes too big !!!

I know that Madonna has approached Leatherworks in London to have a pair of boots made. I'm led to believe that she seemed to think that she could have a custom-made pair of boots delivered within an impossibly short timescale, so, mega-person or no, she was disappointed.

Xa

They were just bulk standard boots at the time everyone were wearing. The story about Madonna and leatherworks is entirely true. She approached them on the thursday and expected them for saturday! I don't know whether she thought that her celebrity status would swing it or whether she thought that everyone at LW were just sitting around waiting for someone to order a pair of boots. Perhaps she's genuinely unaware how long it takes to make a pair of custom boots.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Nice! Round toe, block heel, lace-up boots...

Where's a pair in my size when I need them?

I cant seem to find a pair like that in any size, let alone mine! :roll: